FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Should this site support AI3 (if there is one) next year?

Poll ended at Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 pm

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes : 6

Should this site support AI3 next year (if there is one)?

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:19 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Next year (if there is one), should this site support AI3?

Postby Road Show » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:54 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

This site should support ME next year. The can report on AI3, but we should heckle the judges.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Postby minnesotainventor » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:43 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

I think having some association with A.I. (American Inventor) is good for this site and the site awareness. This site has the feeling of being something larger...covering A.I. is just one of the highlights.

Covering exciting inventions like the New Light Source Discovered (Classified Section) yes, shameless plug, helps all inventors and innovators. I have been a huge fan of this site, and all it has to offer.

I think more stories should be done on this site...let's get the creator on "Big Idea"...or Larry King, etc. Do we have a mascot?

Steve

Postby Road Show » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Once YOUR discovery is out on the market, Steve, I think you could do us a huge favor and mention us while you are workin' the talk show circuit! I'd vote for the lightning bug to be our mascot...Michele?

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:09 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

What lightning bug? Do you mean just a lightning bug in general? I kind of like that, sort of like the Geico Gecko. Instead of a light bulb going off when you get an idea it would be a lightning bug.

And Steve, what if there is no show next year? I think if there is a show, us breaking free and ignoring it would be more interesting than supporting it like lemmings. It would show our integrity for keeping the invention process real. I'm not implying we turn people away who are associated with the show, but I think we could stop showing favoritism by giving it so much space here.

How about a compromise?

Postby mojo62 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:05 am

mojo62
Black Belt

How about plugging for a new inventors show on NBC or CBS. Call it "REAL U.S. INVENTORS"tm or "U.S.A Search for Inventions"tm.
Compile the best list gathered right here and send them a letter. I vote for BSG to handle that.

What are your ideas for a good inventor's show? Mine are.

1. Hire experts to pick from patented or patent pending ideas. No goofy stuff, just good, serious stuff. Pick things that "will" be in a lot of American households.

2. Sell winning inventions on the next seasons comercials. No reason the winning invention cannot be ready for infomercial.

3. Have the winning inventor be a judge the next year with pay.

4. Cash prizes to top inventors and winning invention. No advance against
royalties. Not just money for development.

5. Make part of the show about inventors of the past or of inventors of great things. Jack Kilby(integrated cicuit), George Washington Carver
(peanut oil) Ben Franklin (bi-focal).

6. Inventor Spot supporting a new, good inventors show. Maybe I-Spot get
mentioned or advertised on the show.

7. Audience call in and ask inventors questions.

Taint that a good idea ? 8)

Postby coolmax » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:49 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

BSG

I thought that you did not want a voting section, look at you now.

Everyone I talk to about watching the show has said the same thing.

They watch the first episode & they only saw the wacky stuff & never watched it again.

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:34 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Did I vote against it? :lol: I don't recall being against it, because I am not opposed to it. I don't remember, but also notice I've dropped my boycott crusade and I admit, without much of a fight.