FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Now THIS is an invention!

Postby andrewmoquin » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:07 am

andrewmoquin
White Belt

A man invented an engine that runs on H20...water! With gas prices rising- i'd buy one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMovXzVOzc4

Here's his company's website...

http://hytechapps.com/

What do you think?
“Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.”
“Marriage is a three rings circus: engagement rings ,wedding rings and sufferings.”

Re: Now THIS is an invention!

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:12 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

andrewmoquin wrote:A man invented an engine that runs on H20...water! With gas prices rising- i'd buy one!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMovXzVOzc4

Here's his company's website...

http://hytechapps.com/

What do you think?

I've learned to question things, so now, one of the first things I ask is "why would someone make this claim?"

And, in order of likelihood, these are the only possible answers I can think of...

1. because the technology is real, and it is being kept out of commerce through criminal acts by oil companies? (It wouldn't be too difficult to provide a set of blueprints to the world, in PDF format.)

2. because the technology is NOT real, but is being portrayed by the [fake] news channel? (Why, I would wonder?)

3. because it's real, and business people can't figure out how to make money from it...(Hyeah, right. We'll see what this new company does with it, but that video has been out for years.)

So, without some better possible answer, it's kinda sad to see this.

Sure, it's only a couple bucks a gallon to pay for gas, so what's the big deal right? Well, that's a few hundred bucks a month. Add that to the hundred or two for electricity each month, and whatever else you use for energy. Add that reality to the persistently high cost of such stale technologies as photo-voltaic cells, whose price has been fixed for decades, when the price for all other electronics goes off a cliff within 5-years...

Add that up, and it starts getting uglier and uglier (not to be negative).

But, yes. That does appear to be quite an invention.

And welcome to I-Spot.

Postby jackbnimble56 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:32 pm

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

Andrew

Trust me dude, I majored in chemistry and that's got to be a steaming pile of crap! Besides, engines that "run" on water have been around for nearly 200 years. They're called steam turbines. There's only one problem: You need to put a TON of energy into the water to turn it into steam! ;)

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby Derek Pater » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:25 pm

Derek Pater
Brown Belt

I have found this stuff on the internet before, I have to say I do find it very intresting and what about Stan Myres and his water Engine?.

My Friend Mike makes all my designs for me basicly also said these things do not work, I like to believe in these type of things even if the are proven wrong!

One thing I have noticed is that for some reason these Inventors of Water Engines have lots of bad luck!

:D

Postby Klaidem » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:25 am

Klaidem
White Belt

jackbnimble56 wrote:Andrew

Trust me dude, I majored in chemistry and that's got to be a steaming pile of crap! Besides, engines that "run" on water have been around for nearly 200 years. They're called steam turbines. There's only one problem: You need to put a TON of energy into the water to turn it into steam! ;)

Jack

I must agree, I have heard this from my professor when I was in college. He mentioned that this is possible, infact there's alot out there who already invented the same. But as of this point I hardly see them working like normal. But otherwise this is one great breakthrough for invention sake.

Postby kalens99 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm

kalens99
White Belt

I have a degree in mechanical engineering and have to say that this idea doesn't really hold water (no pun intended). It is a direct violation of the 1st law of thermodynamics in that you would obviously be getting out more than you put in. Only way this is possible is if it is a nuclear reaction transforming matter into energy but in that case there are better things to use than water.

Don't believe everything you hear.