FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Selling your invention retail and wholesale?

Postby kubrick19 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:26 pm

kubrick19
White Belt

Are there ways to set up a business and sell your invention wholesale to smaller businesses but also have a retail website and maybe ebay store? Would this conflict with the pricing of the retailers you sell to?

Re: Selling your invention retail and wholesale?

Postby Roger Brown » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Your biggest issue is making sure you are not under selling your product on your website versus the price the retailers are selling theirs. They will not see any reason to sell your product if you are selling it for a price they can't meet.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Gizmo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Gizmo

Roger Brown wrote:Your biggest issue is making sure you are not under selling your product on your website versus the price the retailers are selling theirs. They will not see any reason to sell your product if you are selling it for a price they can't meet.

Roger hit the nail on the head dont under sell your retail accounts. I would look at selling on Amazon, theres a lot of major companys selling on there even though they sell to retailers. Theres usally less volume on Amazon but larger profits due to not selling at wholesale to a retailer.

Postby kubrick19 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 pm

kubrick19
White Belt

Thanks for the help help guys.

You're right about amazon, I've seen high end retailers like panasonic selling on there before. So I see that its very possible now, would this be something where the retailers would protect themselves so this would be in some sort of contract with the retailers?

The places I'd sell my invention to have a very high mark up for other thing but they don't really care because they sell regardless. Saying they did want to sell it for cheaper than I would online, instead of letting them mark it up to $20+ can I force them to charge say $9.99 in the store and so I could price it online for $12.95 +s/h?