FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

help and advice needed

Postby newtothis » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:40 pm

newtothis
White Belt

I'm recently disabled and trying to find a new way to support myself. I have a couple of pretty good ideas, either inventions or innovations, but don't know how to proceed past this stage. can anyone help me?

Re: help and advice needed

Postby CreativeEP » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm

CreativeEP
White Belt

newtothis wrote:I'm recently disabled and trying to find a new way to support myself. I have a couple of pretty good ideas, either inventions or innovations, but don't know how to proceed past this stage. can anyone help me?

You'll need to contact a product development company that can help you build a real-life, working prototype of your ideas. Usually they can help you license, patent and market your products as well. Some companies may just specialize in one thing or another so it would be a good idea to ask what services they provide and how far they can develop your products.

Postby newtothis » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 am

newtothis
White Belt

Thanks for the reply Creative EP
However, being disabled severely limits me financially, and the product development companies I've contacted so far all want in the range of 10 to 15 thousand dollars.While I firmly believe in my ideas, I just dont have that kind of income, so if you know of any other ways I'll be thankful for the advice.

Postby newtothis » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:48 pm

newtothis
White Belt

What is blast, and is it secure?

Postby Tara » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:14 am

Tara
White Belt

I am no expert but I would start with a good google image search to look for similar products then do a patent search.

You could try drawing up your idea too before going to the expense of prototyping.
http://www.ideasuploaded.com
a blog about inventing and creativity

Postby BuildMyProduct » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:42 pm

BuildMyProduct
White Belt

Try searching for investors on sites like linkedin.com or biznik.com.

This article may also offer guidance: http://www.entrepreneur.com/money/finan ... 70420.html