FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Cisco Contest ends Feb 13 2008

Postby inventor-x » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:38 am

inventor-x
Brown Belt

In the Invention Calendar there is a link to a Cisco Invention Contest that ends on Feb 13 2008.

Prizes range from $250,000 Thousand to $10 Million dollars.

Register with Cisco & post your Idea/Invention for a chance to win.

It would be great if somebody from this website wins this contest.

The winner will be picked in May of 2008.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:02 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Correction

Prize is $250,000
10M is if Cisco uses your idea to setup an company, mainly own by Cisco BTW, that's how much they will be willing to invest in; It's not a prize.

I have posted please help me win for this topic some time ago. It's still there http://inventorspot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=831&start=30

Postby inventor-x » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:59 am

inventor-x
Brown Belt

MWB

Thank you for the Correction, I was trying to get Inventors from this website to checkout the contest & post there Ideas.

There is another thread about somebody winning already - that is wrong, the winner posted was last years winner.

This years winner will be picked in May of 2008.

Everybody still has a chance to enter until Feburary 13 2008.

Sense I made the first post about this contest there has been 80 people that have entered the contest.

If I am wrong, then Cisco needs to do a better job with the Information on there website & learn how to run a contest.

Cisco opens new contest with US$100,000 in prize money

Postby pretzy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:13 pm

pretzy
White Belt

CISCO opens Software Developer Contest

Check out www.cisco.com/go/thinkinside

Cisco has announced its Think Inside the Box Developer Contest. The open invitation to all software developers over the age of 18 encourages proposals for applications on the Cisco Application Extension Platform (AXP).

The Cisco AXP is an open, Linux-based hardware module for the Cisco Integrated Services Router. Its Linux-based integration environment comes with a downloadable software development kit (SDK).
Registered contestants shall submit a high-level proposal that illustrates the application idea and Cisco will provide a proposal template.

Based on weighted judging criteria, up to 10 proposals will be selected for a short list of finalists.

Finalists will develop their proposed applications on the Cisco AXP platform, and will have remote access to a Simulation Lab hosted by Cisco for developing their applications.

Finalists will present their implementations to a panel of experts comprising senior-level Cisco executives along with other industry luminaries. We will select three winners based on weighted judging criteria.

Cisco will award a first prize (US$50,000), a second prize ($30,000) and a third prize ($20,000) to innovators or teams of innovators for the most creative and compelling entries. Developers have 90 days to submit their AXP applications.

Details can be found at http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/axpdev/index.html
The contest will end in eight months.