FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

new to the invention world need help

Postby dan b » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:56 am

dan b
White Belt

i have 1000 questions but i wont ask them all .lol im in north carolina charlotte area and referls as to the best place to go for auditions , also any advice on presenting my idea to the judges would be kindly appreciated thanks dan .b

Postby Michelle » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Welcome to the site Dan. It's great to have you.

If you have a ton of questions, I'd first read what's already on the site.

The first thing I would do is just take a look around the forums. I know its a bit clunky and we are working on fixing that.

You can use the search box on the home page to do searches on specific items if that would be useful to you.

I would then just go look at the American Inventor related articles. You can click on the home page in the categories box on the right hand columns and click on american inventor to bring up all of those articles.

We will be doing a series of articles with advice for those auditioning. The first one we have is from Jodi on Ten Things to Know About Pitching to American Inventor.
http://www.americaninventorspot.com/pit ... n_inventor
She was in the Final 12.

We have a lot more coming so keep coming back and please share what you learn as many can benefit from what you find.

Thanks and welcome again,

Michelle

Postby dan b » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:37 pm

dan b
White Belt

:lol: thanks for the reply michelle, just 1 thing i would like to know most is it wiser to go there with a prototype .or as i want to. its put on a vinal backing like a poster ,i kno they say its ok to do it this way but i would like to know which way is best , its a simple invention and wont take but a min. to pitch but i belive they will love it either way, thanks dan b

Postby Michelle » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:18 am

Michelle
Black Belt

If it would only take a little effort and not be too expensive, I personally would go in with a prototype.

Not knowing anything about what you have, its really hard to day.