FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Invention Contests and Competitions for 2009

Postby Michelle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi All:

Myra Per Lee, our resident Inventor Blogger, was kind enough to write up a great list of invention contests that were coming up.

Unfortunately, due to all the things happening in my life, I completely forgot to post it up until today.

It is a shame as there were some awesome opportunities. I hope no one missed any on my account. :(

Well, there are still some coming up on Myra's list, which you can find at

http://inventorspot.com/inventor_calendar

so please take a look. Myra has volunteered to post an update to this when she gets a chance.

If anyone has a contest or event for 2009 that you can share with others here. please make sure to post it in the forums for our readers.

Thanks so much,

Michelle

Postby minnesotainventor » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:19 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

It is a bummer most of the ended on Jan. 30th.

Can we have a more focal point of on-going reference on the site for contests? I think this could be a great draw for the site if we highlight the on-going contests.

Sincerely,
Steve Stark
Wham-O EZ SPIN Foam Frisbee Inventor

Postby Michelle » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Not quite sure what you mean?

In terms of focusing more resources there, we are trying to do that with having Myra research and post the ones we can find.

We''ll try to keep up with it better ...but it will be great if inventors share their finds as it takes a lot of time to research them.

Michelle

Postby minnesotainventor » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:29 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Just below the website logo, it reads:

Home-Forum Home-For Inventors-Inventor Services-Invention Gallery-Store

I think one of the listings should state inventor contests. This would/should be a great reason for someone to keep coming back to this website...to be on top of the on-going inventor contests. This additional "excellent" resource is/should be very valuable among inventors. We all look to make it big with our inventions any way we can and this is one of the main current channels to do so. If we capitalize on this aspect, InventorSpot gets more people making sure to keep checking back to stay on top of the contests. To be honest, I would have liked to have entered about 3 or 4 of the ones that ended before this recent post. I'm sure if it was a more visual benefit listing, it is a great reason for many to come to this site.

I feel there is a great opportunity to improve the site with this additional heading and content. We all would appreciate it and it should help the site grow in popularity. Let's not let this opportunity slip away...like not being able to enter an inventor contest that just ended accepting submissions.

Sincerely,
Steve Stark
NASA TECH BRIEFs Grand Prize Winner 2007, $20,000 & $250 for popularity.

Postby Michelle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:33 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Good point. I will ask Roger to see if he can add a tab in the contents.
It is already on every page on the side panel in the For Inventors category.

Invention Contests Caledar Up

Postby Michelle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:34 am

Michelle
Black Belt

The Inventor Events and Invention Contents Calendar has been updated again by Myra.

You can check it out at
http://inventorspot.com/inventor_calendar

Some interesting contests for sure.

Michelle

Postby StephenKey » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:31 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Nice job.