FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

What about quirky.com? Inventions online

Postby Glideboarder » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:48 pm

Glideboarder
White Belt

I am trying this out at first it was a bit confusing as to figure out the voting process.....Click on influence to vote for new product ideas to be created or submit your own idea for the community to vote on......Very cool site.

http://www.quirky.com/

Re: What about quirky.com? Inventions online

Postby JoeWaisman » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 am

JoeWaisman
Green Belt

1 post...1 link = spam?

Spam aside, the site looks good and the concept is creative. I actually like it. There are a couple of problems/comments.

-The site has some differently named links that go to the same page....interesting.

-The influence thing is interesting...essentially what it seems to do is reward people for applying their strengths to their own product and others. It would also mean that the $ I earn is based upon all the products, not just my own.

-I generally wouldn't pay $99 for a single evaluation....that's just me. If I'm the sort who has 100 good ideas (and 300 bad ones) then $10,000 would be a lot to spend if they were evaluated and subsequently turned down. If I had one really amazing idea I would think long and hard before submitting it to a site that would direct most of my profit to others. Allow free submissions and I'll throw an idea or two at it.

-I'd like to know what percentage of the inventions get accepted and generate a profit. It would be interesting to know whether the company makes more $$ from sales or submission reviews.

- So there are two guys who pop up regularly under featured inventors. They have a total of 43 products and have netted a total of $4537 for themselves.

Re: What about quirky.com? Inventions online

Postby admin » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:34 pm

admin
Yellow Belt

Yes, potential spam, but interesting and related enough to the site that I let it through for discussion.

Roger
Roger Simmons
Webmaster InventorSpot Forum and InventorSpot