FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby Archeryrob » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:58 am

Archeryrob
White Belt

I have not even spent 10 minutes on this idea yet and you're giving up on me. :(

You got a good idea there, but who collects the money???

Postby Scrupulous » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:33 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Archeryrob wrote:I have not even spent 10 minutes on this idea yet and you're giving up on me. :(

You got a good idea there, but who collects the money???

No, no, I'm not giving up on you. It's just that I don't think the idea you're talking about would comply with the rules for this particular contest. (I think there is a link or two near the beginning of this thread that takes you to their site.) The idea itself isn't bad, although I seem to remember seeing something like that, intended for commercial use.

Who collects the money?

I think it should be based on the level of contribution, and how much it advances the project toward a return (with a guarantee for a certain percentage for everyone involved, regardless).

I don't know. What do you think?

Postby Archeryrob » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:50 pm

Archeryrob
White Belt

Some one would hav to be "prime". Even if you ran a co-op some one ussually has to be the parrot or the CEO figure. Some one has to be the lead sales figure or outside/customer contact.

Your a lawyer and PTO lawyer, correct? You would be the most ligitimate Prime, IMO.

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:50 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Well, I would need to be heavily involved. And yes, I would be the prime.

But, the challenge so far has been for people to express a willingness to trust a group in this kind of a setting. It's no small task. Yet, I get the sense that those who have considered it can already appreciate the value of getting together. As far as I know, there's no other situation that could rival the benefits of such a specialized and concentrated effort at making money.

Postby AmericanCynic » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 pm

AmericanCynic
Yellow Belt

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but that idea was researched and developed years ago. Check out the top results in this Google search.

patent

Postby Roger Brown » Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:43 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Great research AC!
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:27 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:Sorry to disappoint you guys, but that idea was researched and developed years ago. Check out the top results in this Google search.

AC, nothing you could say or do would disappoint me.

But I agree, that is excellent research. Probably didn't take you much time at all.

That's exactly what we can use here, people helping each other out.

I mean without that, some people might look like they have absolutely nothing productive to contribute whatsoever.

Good Job! Keep up the good work, huh? :wink:

Postby Archeryrob » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:30 am

Archeryrob
White Belt

AmericanCynic wrote:Sorry to disappoint you guys, but that idea was researched and developed years ago. Check out the top results in this Google search.

My idea takes up less room and uses no gears. So it's new, and I'm sticking with it. :lol:

I was just trying to throw Roger a bone, now he's probably going to be bored now. I only had 10 minutes in it, so it's off to the next idea. 8)
Previous