FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

A greener world

Postby h24u » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:14 am

h24u
White Belt

Hello

I invented a unit that makes hydrogen and oxygen that when installed on any internal combustion engine,a drastic reduction of harmful greenhouse gasses.Not to mention a lot more power and if you keep driving the same,better fuel mileage.

I am not the only person who has designed this type of unit,there are many working on the same type of thing.I just feel I have the best design.

Way back in the 70's,I was shown a very cool demo of how to make hydrogen and oxygen by pushing electricity through water.From that point on I was hooked.I new this could be used in the transport industry.Back then no one cared about pollution and gas was cheap so I just played around with it and had no outside interest.That is untill the 90's When I met a man who was trying to market the same kind of unit in Ontario Canada.

His unit was huge and very impressive.It made a small amount of hydrogen but when it worked,the smile on the driver face was huge.The unit was plagued with problem and constantly broke down.My job was to keep it running and find ways to solve the problems.I did just that.For ten or so years I chased these trucks down as I knew that if the unit worked long enough we would win.What I didn't know is how evil and greedy people could be.The company was stolen right out from under us.

That's when I decided to design my own unit based on my proto type from 20 + years ago.I new the reason every-ones unit was failing because it was just too complicated.My proto type was a KISS design.Safe and reliable.In-fact the very first one I built is still working today.

I teamed up with the former partner because he had the same passion and drive I did for this technology.We had a ton of contacts and a ton of momentum.We formed a new company and developed my unit.He of course decided to bring in his friends whom he could trust.We are very close now to seeing our dreams succeed.

What I am frustrated with is that these folks have push me aside and now think they are brains around this product.They refuse to allow me to participate in the conclusion of my dream.Very frustrating and humiliating let me tell you.There are people on this earth that have no pride in their accomplishments so they have to go ahead and steal someones IDEA AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS.Not all just a few in-fact.The rest on the team are great folks who work very hard on getting this thing done.

My question is:What does one do in this situation?I am forced to sit in the dark while the most undeserving enjoy the final stage of this.This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life.It is like someone has stolen my child.I am told to sit and wait for payday.I am not one bit interested in doing this as I am in this to make a difference and to make the world a better place for my kids and yours.

My advice to anyone who has a great idea is to trust no one!You can't do it alone but you really need to protect your self and people will tell you what you want to hear untill they have you around the barrel.

I guess it is not all bad though as the unit is making headway just someone else is getting the glory.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I feel for you, yet that's how this world is. Since you didn't invent/patent this concept in general, it works like your company hired you as head designer once and they hired someone else for your job.
I am sure you deserve better treatment from you company, yet on the other hand you should be glad that worse didn't happen. There is still payday on your calendar, isn't it?

I still encourage people works with others. Of course you need to protect yourself to the best, yet you can hold an idea forever. Giving time, people will figure out how to do it with or without you.

But at the end, I don't believe these electrolysis stuff. I know there are product for sale to enhance engine output or reduce fuel.... Yet in my opinion, it's more hype than true.

The electrolysis has been around for longer than we are alive! All it is is electrifying water which seperates the hydrogen and it DOES use alot of energy to do so ( electric cars are 4x as efficient ). Say 40% of your gasoline power convert to electricity and to generate HHO. The energy produce by engine burning HHO won't gap up the 40% energy used to produce them, not even a quarter of it.

But this is a good merchandise, giving some good marketing support, someone will buy them.

I don't know if my words will comfort you or do the other way around, yet you should really move on (while collect some of those paycheck) to find your next invention. This time around you had learn how to protect yourself.

Re: A greener world

Postby Scrupulous » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:47 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Hello h24u,

That's an interesting story.

I imagine you're taking the excess current from the alternator (current that would otherwise be wasted on a fully-charged battery) and using it to run the hydrolysis and improve fuel economy?

h24u wrote:My question is:What does one do in this situation?I am forced to sit in the dark while the most undeserving enjoy the final stage of this.This is the hardest thing I have ever gone through in my life.It is like someone has stolen my child.I am told to sit and wait for payday.I am not one bit interested in doing this as I am in this to make a difference and to make the world a better place for my kids and yours.

What does one do? That depends.

How long ago was it that you re-teamed up with your former partner? Did his friends help add something better to the device? If so, how long ago did that happen and were you a contributor?

From a legal standpoint, you're latest and greatest version (even if it was a co-operation) may still be subjectable to patent protection if it was not made public more than a year ago.

Not only that but, in some cases, an inventor is allowed a substantial period of time with which to test the invention under the conditions of its intended use, even if that period began more than a year prior to filing for a utility patent, as long as the intellectual property is kept under control during that time.

That's just off the top of my head. But, if you say that your version is/was better because it was simpler, then you just might have something. I wouldn't know without more information.

Postby Road Show » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:28 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

H24U,

I can totally empathize with you. I imagine that many inventors would want to be the ones carrying their "child" across the finish line. I guess that's where you need to focus, in my opinion. Many refer to inventing and getting a product to market as though it were a marathon or, better, a decathlon. I dislike these analogies as they tend to cast the inventor in a unfavorable light. There are sooooo many skill sets required in order to launch a successful new product that it is unlikely to find ONE individual who excels at them all. At best you might find individuals that are in the top 20% in all categories of product development, market research, manufacturing, marketing & promotion, and logistics, but even then the individual cannot, alone, bring to bear a 100% effort in the project. Personally, I believe this is why most products fail; not that the product was a bad idea or poorly designed necessarily.

I would encourage you to think of the process as that of a relay race. Each leg of the race is being run by a team member most capable of achieving success in their area of expertise. Together the race is won. Can you honestly say that you, alone, are capable of achieving what, for many similar high profile projects, has required a well orchestrated team effort? Yes, you will share in the glory, just as any athlete who assists in getting the score, but may not actually be the one to punch into the end zone, put the bat on the winning hit, put the puck in the net. Just don't sit on the sideline with an injured ego...you might make a better cheerleader than a critic.

All of the above was meant in a spirit of friendship. I hope it does not offend.

RSG