FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Everyday Edison is going on right now

Postby Michelle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:16 am

Michelle
Black Belt

The Chicago one just went on. Does anyone have anything to share with that?

Re: Everyday Edison is going on right now

Postby pktwatch » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:26 pm

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Michelle wrote:The Chicago one just went on. Does anyone have anything to share with that?

I tried out for this show in both Indianapolis and in Chicago with different inventions. I am in "final consideration" from the Indianapolis show and did not meet with the same success in Chicago. I would tell anyone who has a good idea to go try out! Of course you should research your idea first and make sure it is not already invented, most people are eliminated because of that.

Even if you do not make the show you are getting a good evaluation of your product for free! They had US Patent examiners on hand to answer questions and give advice.

Be prepared to stand in line for a long time. It took me 6 hours in Indianapolis and almost that long in Chicago. The way I understand the new show will be on PBS this spring for their first season, I tried out for season two.

Butch

Postby Michelle » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:11 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

How many people tried out in each of the cities, do you know?

If you had to do CHicago over again, what would you have done better or different?

Michelle

Postby pktwatch » Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:07 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Michelle wrote:Thanks for sharing your experiences.

How many people tried out in each of the cities, do you know?

If you had to do CHicago over again, what would you have done better or different?

Michelle

There were over 500 in Indianapolis and over 1500 in Chicago. The reason that one of my products was not chosen in Chicago is that it had been in the public domain for over two years and could not be patented. The other one they said did not fit for the show.

If you go you only have 3 minutes before the panel, practice what you want to tell them and try to use all of your time well!

Butch

Postby Ben Tex » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:33 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

When you boil down the legal-eze, how does the annuity/royalty agreement sound with Everyday Edisons? Is it just me, or does it seem minimal?

Postby pktwatch » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Ben Tex wrote:When you boil down the legal-eze, how does the annuity/royalty agreement sound with Everyday Edisons? Is it just me, or does it seem minimal?

I think it is very fair. My inventing is in the automotive field where normal royalties are in the 3% range. Everyday Edisons are offering 5%. The people in the company that I have met really impressed me. There is no bull going on there!

Butch

Postby Ben Tex » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:22 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

Thanks Butch. That's good to know.

Postby Michelle » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:36 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Everything we have heard in the gossip mill suggests this is a high quality invention contest for inventors.

If anyone thinks otherwise, we'd love to know.

Postby Ben Tex » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:43 am

Ben Tex
White Belt

I'd just like to see where their January audition location is going to be. Nothing on their site yet. Has anyone heard anything?

Postby pktwatch » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:07 am

pktwatch
Yellow Belt

Ben Tex wrote:I'd just like to see where their January audition location is going to be. Nothing on their site yet. Has anyone heard anything?

If I remember correctly Seattle, WA was one of the orginal 5 cities they planned on visiting for next season. It is not listed on thier site now so maybe there was a scheduling problem.

Butch
Next