FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

"MIDair" - my story

Postby Let-Them-Fly » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:54 am

Let-Them-Fly
Yellow Belt

I am Frank White, 52, from the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. Married 28 years with 3 grown daughters and 7 beautiful grandchildren. I’m a US Army Veteran, licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer, professional Artist specializing in Aviation Art/Landscapes, I do freelance Graphic Design/Instructional Schematics, and a Master scale modeler.
My “escape” resides in a 12-string electric guitar that's played a minimum of 20 minutes per day.

One of the ultimate goals of aviation related modeling & diorama construction is portraying the aircraft as though they are in-flight. There are several methods which offer a “forced-view” display, meaning the plane looks like it’s floating ONLY if viewed from a certain angle. The answer finally reveald itself by way of my then 3 year old grandson, and with some T&E, I tested the first real Floating Display concept, which surprisingly produced a three and four dimensional view without a mounting post/wire to obstruct the scene.
"The subject appears to float before your eyes!"Image

The mechanics seemed simple enough so I began searching for references, but there were none to be found. I employed a Patent Attorney to conduct a Patent Search which only returned 15 relevant results; NONE of then even came close! That’s how it all started! “Out of the mouths of babes…”; Aaron taught me a valuable lesson; look at the problem with the eyes of a child! You’ve seen four and five year olds take a mixed-up Rubic’s Cube and have it solved in short order, why, because they don’t ’see" the impossibilities we do, they just go straight to the most basic solution.

Through the refining of said technique, I have found it can be affectively used in five unrelated industries: Scale Modeling, Holiday Ornaments, Automotive Accessories, Interior Lighting, and Interior Decor; there's currently one non-exclusive license issued in the scale modeling/accessories industry, and several "baited hooks" in the water for the others... waiting on a good strike! <;-)

***READ CAREFULLY SCAMMERS***
If you purposefully misrepresent yourself or your services and steal away my Dream, I WILL steal away your tomorrows; it's as simple as that!
Last edited by Let-Them-Fly on Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: "MIDair" - my story

Postby Gizmo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:49 am

Gizmo

Hi Frank,
You have the same kind of background as Ron Docie.
Nice product by the way,can they be purchased now ??? I may be interested in purchasing some for xmas gifts.

Ronald L. Docie, Sr. is a native of Athens County, Ohio. After receiving a college education in the Arts and Sciences, Docie went on to the Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science and became a licensed Funeral Director and Embalmer

http://www.docie.com/about-docie-invent ... -docie-sr/

Re: "MIDair" - my story

Postby Let-Them-Fly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:49 pm

Let-Them-Fly
Yellow Belt

Hi Giz,

I think he is the only other LFD I've encountered since being on these boards. The School in Cincinnati and Gupton-Jones (Pierce) are the two biggest schools in the Country, of course GJ has four satellite locations. I went to the one in Atlanta. I was also surprised to learn Mr. Docie is the one who invented THE most valuable vehicle accessory ever, IMO! Those have found their way on my cars the same day I drive the car off the lot, and SHOULD be standard equipment on all vehicles!

I'm sorry, the ornaments aren't available at the time being; I thought they were going to be, but the company who was looking at them last let on like they were going to produce them, then changed their mind in favor of a "bathroom tile" with a peace symbol on it!!?? I made twenty examples and placed them in small retailers in a 150 mile radious to guage reaction, and they were ALL gone within two days with shoppers asking for more, plus, since putting them on the website I get an average of 40 emails per day since April asking how to get them.... those are potential buys going down the drain....the materials to make them are readily available and extremely inexpensive... I just haven't located the right company to exploit them.

While I'm waiting, I have ventured out into other areas, namely Toddler Eating Utencils (bowls), and retail POP items. These are moving along much better than the MID concept.

It's a great experience... just wish I would have gotten into it 20 years before the economy fell through.

Take care,
Frank