FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Closet hanger

Postby Roger Brown » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

You are welcome for the commenst. I hope they help you in your final design and presentation. A friend helped me with the signature. I will ask if they can post how to do that.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

My two cents

Postby Work2XL » Fri May 04, 2007 10:27 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

I'm not sure I'm qualified to have much of an opinion on the product. I have a magic hamper. I put dirty clothes in it and the magically get cleaned, folded, and put back in my closet.

I do have a one comment. I can see the advantage for t-shirts if you hang them up. My question come more to the point of button down shirt. After you wash them and or dry them you then button them up and put them on the rack? Second, is the width adjustable? I picturing wrinkles if you can't pull the body reasonable tight to keep straight. If not wouldn't it just sag onto the shirt below?

Randy

Postby Contextion » Fri May 04, 2007 11:06 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You have a nice idea but it needs some improvements. First of all most of my shirts are just a little different in size and so I wouldnt be able to get the right fit for all of them unless there was some spring action to easily adjust the width. How about automatic spring adjustment? It also takes up too much space. If you were able to pivot them all the same direction and compress them together when you needed more space that would be more functional. Maybe you could also have a pouch that went over the compressed form that would allow you to vacuum seal your clothes for storage in a pristine condition. Also if the top was detachable so it is able to be hung in a closet in a compressed form but still allowing you to take which shirt you want you could use many top sections with only one base - saving you more room.

Im just trying to throw some ideas out there for you. I like your drawing - how did you make it?

Postby Scrupulous » Sat May 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Work2XL,

This is better for short-sleeve shirts (tees, tanks, polos, et.) but, it can be used with button shirts. You would just leave the shirt buttoned all the time. Every once in a while, you could iron that little hem near the buttons that always seems to want to fold over.

Yes, you do want the shirts taut, so naturally, different forms are made to fit different sizes. An adjustable one is always a possibility.

By the way, how much did you pay for your magic hamper? :P

Contextion,

Those are some great suggestions. I wouldn't know how feasible some of it would be. But it's worth considering. I can picture a flexible form that actually molds to the exact shape of the shirt (kinda like a sunshade for your windshield).

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, guys. That's what it's all about.

Magic Hamper

Postby Work2XL » Sat May 05, 2007 3:11 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

The magic hamper is very expensive. I'm paying for it everyday. It's the lifetime plan. The cancellation penalty for my contract is 50% of my net worth, so it's a sliding scale.

Randy

Postby Scrupulous » Sun May 06, 2007 9:25 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Wow. Did you get one those extended warranties?

They say you don't need it. But, you never really know.

laundry

Postby Roger Brown » Sun May 06, 2007 12:48 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

And even if you trade it in for a newer model, you still have to pay for the previous model. :D
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.
Previous