FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:35 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Scrupulous wrote:See, this is a great example of a proactive public disclosure. Even though it's only at a conceptual stage right now, all you would need to do is continue to develop it to the point of a working prototype or a patent application, either publicly or privately. If you can manage to do that, and be reasonably diligent about it, then you will have a lock on that idea, no later than I post this message.

That is, of course, as long as no one else has beaten you to the punch. :P

It's good to be aware of the fact that one trend in IP is for the larger companies to forego patenting incremental improvements on patents they already own, in favor of public disclosures. So, in a sense, it's anyone's ballgame.

Toyotaboy02, good job on the prior art! You make it look easy. :wink:

Hey ideagirl, you keep punchin' now. :D

Postby ideagirl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:48 am

ideagirl
Green Belt

Now I just wish I lived in the UK so I could get the speed limit thing.

So here's another one. Listen up Tidy Cat. I get the 27 lb buckets of kitty litter (have several little monsters that eat and poop all day). I really wish they would put a cheapie little scoop in the bucket. Right now I have to use one from my laundry soap. Don't they know you add a little bit of litter every couple of days?

Postby Contextion » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:02 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I wish someone would invent TV shows of college courses being taught so everyone could learn anything they wanted - not a reality show to make you laugh but to learn.

Postby Michelle » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:49 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Contextion:

They already have college coursed online and for free at places like MIT

Re: Improvements on existing products

Postby Interventor » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:44 pm

Interventor
White Belt

ideagirl wrote:There are so many times when I'm using a product, that I think it would be better if only......

So here's one. Listen up Garmin. I sure wish you would add a feature that shows the posted speed limit. I drove to Amish country and I swear the freeway speed limit changed every 20 miles. It was the hardest thing to keep up with. I know I could have stopped and asked one of the many nice policemen by the side of the road!

My TomTom navigation system has this feature for years already over here in Europe.
Previous