FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:20 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:A cop on a skateboard... for some reason I can't see that happening. Other than that it sounds great! Maybe enter one of those contests like Everyday Edisons. Good luck.

It would give new meaning to a "low-speed chase"...I give it a yes!

Postby thien63 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 am

thien63
Yellow Belt

I just got back from CA, so I couldn't answer right away.
My 1st generation electric skateboard weight 50lbs, it had 1hp, it can go 22mph. It use 4 lead acid batteries. The electric motor sit in front of the rear wheels. That's why the 1st generation cannot do any tricks since it too heavy.

That's why I have to create the 2nd generation skateboard. Here are the improvement: 2nd generation Lithium battery by A123 company, electric motor is inside the wheel, you can add 2 wheels motor or 4 wheels motor. I need someone to write the software to control the motor speed. Otherwise it will be a disaster. The total weight is about 25 lbs. I can't give you guys more info than that. But If you are the investor I can dicusse for more details. I will bet with anybody 100 to 1 odd if I can't show the proofs. Here my past invention on the market. 4 years ago , I create the first fliptop cover for PS2 video system. I'm well known in the video games online community. Just google the ps2 fliptop cover. I also create a see-through cover for all video system that appear on video game magazine. My fliptop cover allow you to play import games and copy games.

My camera broken, but you can see the electric skateboard in action on youtube and search for electric skateboard.

This is a electric skateboard mean there is no handle. You steering by leaning to left or right. When you ride this electric skateboard on the smooth road, it will give you the feeling flying like a bird. You have to experience this to have this unique feeling. Same as surfing but you don't need water.

some security company and cops using Segway to patrol the street now.

Since the 2nd generation skateboard is lighter and the new design in wheel motor. This give this skateboard to do many tricks like wheely, 180 turn....

Next week on 24th of March, I will be in China to produce a device that prevent you from loosing your cellular phone and your keys ever again. This device function is only a small tip of an iceberg. What I mean is this device can do more than 50 more functions beside the normal use the phone as communication. This device will release to the market in 3 months. In the near future, the phone is not just the phone any more, but it is a main center piecel of your life. Ican't disclose any more details unless you are a serious investor.
My phone number is 281-804-9469 ( TIM ) from now until 24th of March

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:33 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I believe it's achievable, yet you gave statements out of best case scenario like a business man try to recruit investors. (well, maybe you are) I thought about in hub motor but feel it may not be best idea for skateboard application since there is no damping for them and direct receive shock wave from road, reliability may be a problem. And wireless speed control may create another longevities issue for your board.

I double it will be like Segway; Segway provides more protection to its riders and demand less from them. That’s why patrol men use them. That’s also why better performance sport bike will never replace Crown Victoria.

Yet don’t be discourage by my words, I just point out few places you need to pay attention to. Good luck with your venture.

Postby thien63 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

'I had this electric skateboard for 3 years now. I have no problem with the remote control. It works flawlessly. If you ride this board at 22mph it's the same as driving your car at 120mph. A rush went through your body. This board is very addicted. One have to ride the board to understand the feeling. I have security guards and cops already tried. They couldn't beleive how much power and speed this board can do. Cop said that they can catch somebody with a great force by jumping off while riding the board. Since this board is lean, it can go through narrow path. I don't have the same excitement when I rode the Segway in Las Vegas. This version 1 board will retail for less than $500 instead $5000 for the Segway.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:27 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

well, good luck with your venture. I hope you are right.
Previous