FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

no need for tea spoon any more

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:26 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Need a tea spoon to stir milk and sugar in your tea of coffee? Not any more.

This glass cup will do that for you.

http://www.joshspear.com/item/anna-gram-ceramic-for-mix/

Postby citizen » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:38 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Now that's cool. That's such a simple solution to a problem.

Postby Road Show » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Interesting...one response and the reply (from inventor?)

Karkula Thursday, 01.18.07 @ 1:07 am
Can’t work! Anyone with decent understanding of fluid dynamic knows the ceramic ball will not move underwater by ways show in the pics. By tilting it it probably will be able to slide around. Even so it will not be able to do what this designer hoped to.

Anna Gram' Monday, 01.29.07 @ 9:20 am
Firstly, you don’t need to turn glass brutally. It is enough to incline it so that the ball turns at the bottom of glass by pushing sugar.
We have try it before design the object. It’s ok.
Also, this object does not want to be to be the solution which kill the spoon. But simply an object bringing a new gestural to mark one moment, as in a bar for example.

Personally, I think it's a great idea and doesn't have to be THE BEST way to stir tea. Who doesn't swirl a glass of ice at a bar...a rather seductive maneuver when done by an attractive woman. :wink:

RSG

hmmmm

Postby LoveInventions » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:38 pm

LoveInventions
White Belt

I like it, but the majority of the time are you not going to have to use a spoon to put the sugar in to the cup?

Might work in cafes and restaurants where they have sugar in a sachet but can’t see it in the home
<p><span style="font-size: 9pt; color: #494949; line-height: 170%; font-family: 'Helvetica','sans-serif'"><a href="http://www.loveinventions.com/">http://www.squidoo.com/boy-dog-names</a> </span></p>

Postby makeworldbetter » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:44 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I don't like it personally. The bottom make finishing your drink difficult. It keeps the ball, so does some liquid.

Postby citizen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:52 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

that could easily be corrected with a simple design change. I'm sure when you tilt it to drink, not much is left in there. You could simply put slots or cut outs that were small enough to let liquid fall out but retain the ball.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

You also want the glass to be easily washed. So no small tube or slot should be allowed inside the cup; must be all smooth surface.

Postby dragon smile » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:15 pm

dragon smile
White Belt

I drink tea daily, with milk and sugar sometime. Yet never with a problem to mix them. It must meant for some hard sugar cube,

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Dragon

I thought you are going home.

Postby dragon smile » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 pm

dragon smile
White Belt

I feel much better now. I will see if I can make through the day. :) Besides, I don't think it's wise to tell my boss that I need some resting because I attended EE casting. :wink:
Next