FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Clever add-on for a rake -- why didn't I think of that?

Postby BenFranklin » Fri May 16, 2008 2:03 pm

BenFranklin
White Belt

This is one of those inventions that's so obvious it's brilliant. It's a rake that also helps you pick up the grass clippings or any other kind of yard waste. They call it the Rake Up.

Check it out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kYOT2Y-wbao

What do you guys think?

Postby lcw_trey » Fri May 16, 2008 6:19 pm

lcw_trey
Yellow Belt

So did you invent this product or are you part of absolutelynew.com? has anyone heard of this site before?

Postby BenFranklin » Mon May 19, 2008 9:29 am

BenFranklin
White Belt

lcw_trey wrote:So did you invent this product or are you part of absolutelynew.com? has anyone heard of this site before?

I'm part of www.absolutelynew.com. We're an invention development and services firm, but also a manufacturer ourselves. We're currently looking for feedback on the Rake-Up and several other inventions that we're thinking of licensing and manufacturing directly. This is a fairly new direction for us, although we have already manufactured several products that are currently selling on QVC and in stores like Rite-Aid, Walgreens and many others. We've hired several top executives from The Sharper Image and other top companies. Our "big idea" is to become a major consumer products company that sources all of its R&D directly from independent inventors.

Mind if I post a few other inventions we're considering? This is obviously a vibrant community and we'd love to get your feedback. You can also email me offline at mmcallister @ absolutelynew.com.

Postby Average Inventor » Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BenFranklin,

Pretty cool product. I like all the uses and benefits and I think the video clearly shows those and establishes value.

Postby Average Inventor » Mon May 19, 2008 9:59 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BenFranklin,

So does your company work as a licensing agent? If so what types of products do you represent?

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon May 19, 2008 10:11 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

BenFranklin wrote:Mind if I post a few other inventions we're considering? This is obviously a vibrant community and we'd love to get your feedback. You can also email me offline at mmcallister @ absolutelynew.com.

I wouldn't mind

Postby lcw_trey » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 am

lcw_trey
Yellow Belt

i was checking out the site and couldn't find much about the types of contracts you sign with the inventors and what they can expect for royalties if you like their idea.

Postby mojo62 » Mon May 19, 2008 10:33 am

mojo62
Black Belt

The rake is a go in my opinion. Top price I would pay is $29.95.

I was wondering about what sort of licensing agreements you work
with inventors. Is it more in line with a 50/50 split on royalties? If you manufacture yourself, what kind of agreement do you provide?

I have a product to show and tell in the near future. I have mixed
emotions on its direction at the moment, but I will be making a decision
in the near term. I may be interested in talking to you about it.

I think this product would be a top infomercial seller if filmed properly.

Thanks,
Last edited by mojo62 on Mon May 19, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby BenFranklin » Mon May 19, 2008 11:01 am

BenFranklin
White Belt

Average Inventor wrote:BenFranklin,

So does your company work as a licensing agent? If so what types of products do you represent?

Average Inventor -- yes, one of the offerings from AbsolutelyNew is that we serve as a licensing agent, representing inventions in just about every major category. You can view the categories and a few of the inventions we represent at http://www.absolutelynew.com/manufacturers/products.php. (This page is being redesigned, so please don't judge it based on the design!)

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon May 19, 2008 11:46 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

This is from your web site:
(http://www.absolutelynew.com/inventors/ ... phase2.php)

Invention Licensing

Once the patent is received and the research is completed showing the market potential for your patent, the next step is invention licensing. Invention licensing is a contractual arrangement in which the inventor (you) rent or sell the rights to your patent to another company who will then produce, test and distribute the product in exchange for royalties. Once you've received your patent, you can either sell it or license it. For-sale patents are acquired by a company through an assignment agreement, which completely transfers the ownership of the patent. With patent licensing, the ownership remains with the inventor; the licensing simply grants the company the rights to make (produce), use (test) and distribute (sell) the product. Finding manufacturers to license your invention can often be a long and frustrating process, which is why firms like AbsolutelyNew exist.

AbsolutelyNew can assist you in obtaining patent registration and finding a manufacturer to license your inventions. AbsolutelyNew has an excellent track record of helping inventors secure lucrative licensing deals for their inventions.

You require patent before licensing?
Next