FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

A great invention starts with a...

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:58 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I think many of us would agree that it starts with a realistic need.

What we may not be aware of, is that there could be some needs that we as individuals have already recognized, but have not acted upon, for one reason or another. Maybe it's because satisfying the need, or solving the problem, would require the background other people.

If there are any needs or problems that exist in your own community, then this may be a good place to bring them up. I'm sure that there are enough people at this site to find a solution to just about any problem...

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:24 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

With my available resources and budget I am unable to take my invention any further. My realistic need is:

1) I need a person with $7,000 to invest and make two thousand bottle slings (and then be able to invest or get a loan for a million dollars to make 300K slings and go nationwide).

2) I need a person who has an established business track record and enough experience to get them into Walmart and/or other retailers.

3) I need a person who can make up an equitable contract between me and the person/s from 1 and 2.

Postby citizen » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:22 am

citizen
Brown Belt

If I'm reading this correctly, you're looking for problems in everyday life that an idea/invention could solve.

Here's some of mine:

1. I'm sick of having to alter my living space to prevent my dog from going in rooms I don't want him to and to prevent him from getting on the furniture. I wish there was an easy way to dog proof your house without limiting me. My dog stays off the furniture when we're there, but the moment we leave, he jumps on it. He also goes into rooms we don't want him to. Sure, I could close doors, or just put him in a cage, but it would be cool to be able to not have to do that stuff.

2. I'm sick of carrying keys. Wouldn't it be cool if you could have a "Master Key" for your life. The same key would unlock your house, start your car, etc.

Jason

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

1. Hmm, that's a tough one. But there's got to be a way.

2. That's do-able. You would just need a cylinder for every lock in your daily routine. A sawed-off copy of the real key for any given lock could be attached to your 'signature' cylinder, and inserted to its own lock. Your life key could be used on each cylinder, as long as you manage to keep its housing from being turned. That would be the tough part. But, the nice thing is that your signature cylinder could be proprietary, and only a couple centimeters in depth.

I still very much like the swiss army keys, though, very much.

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:50 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

For the key thing, I don't think the answer must come in a mechanical form; maybe will come in as electronic form. We should convert all locks to smart electronic locks. Or better yet, use your finger print...

Postby jtc6913 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:25 pm

jtc6913
White Belt

Hay Citizen,

How about one of those dog shock collar's that is activated when the dog jumps on the furniture or in the doorway of a room you don't want him to enter? You maybe "shocked" if the "dawg gone" thing works!!!

I couldn't resist!

Enjoy,
jtc6913

Postby coolmax » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:52 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

MWB

There you go with that electronic stuff again.

Put a chip in you & everything you own, KEY to everything - Barcode's & chip's that's the way of the future.

That would work for your VIDEO idea too.

Citizen, How big is your dog?

A friend of mine uses mouse traps for the couch & child gates for the doorways, he has a golden retreiver.

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:20 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Yes, it's all coming together now.

Are you willing to barcode your dog???

At least chip him, citizen.

See, that way you can set up a video camera and catch everything. Then have a sit down with your dog, and show him the video. Just let him know that you're soooo onto him, and help him understand that he's plain bad sometimes.

Is it possible to strap a paintball gun to a video camera? Naw, too messy.

Mousetraps is brilliant too, though...

Coolmax, you mean computer chips, not potato chips, right?

(I'm totally kidding about most of this.)

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

A dog running around the house with a mousetrap stuck to his foot? THAT'S a funny visual!

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:42 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Four paws would do the trick. Set the traps, put a thin towel over them (carefully) and it's 100% satisfaction or your money back.

Rub the mousetraps on the cats beforehand, and the dog doesn't even know who to blame.

Poetry in motion.
Last edited by Scrupulous on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next