FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby citizen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:21 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Furniture?

Postby mojo62 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:21 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Have you all seen the hay bale homes? Very nice. How about keeping it simple and replace fiber glass insulation with 2 liter bottle stuffed with hay logs ?

Make some, test it. If it works start a provisional and search for a home builder to try it out.

Anyone have any other products of interest and open for discussion?

Wine Bottles

Postby inventor-x » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:35 am

inventor-x
Brown Belt

How about Wine Bottles, Instead of 2-Liter Pop Bottles.

You wouldn't have to worry about people stealing them for the return value.

You could still fill them with whatever you wanted - Hay, Dirt, Sand, Gravel, Cement or Water & still have the Load Bearing Factor & Thermal Abilities.

Let me change the subject at this point from Bottles.

An Idea I have been Interested in since I saw STAR TREK 5, the one where they go back in time to get a whale & bring it back to the future.

Transparent Aluminum or Transparent Steel - Why Not? :shock:

I thought that it was a Brilliant Idea & with todays Technology I think it could be done - Why Not? They have Memory Steel now a days 8)

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:16 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

"Why Not?"

Why? What's the advantages? Do we need or even want transparent airplanes? What's the advantage of having a see-through bridge? Although it would look pretty cool, imagine people driving off the side or missing the on ramp completely. :lol:

I don't get it why the whale tank had to be transparent since it was not at an aqua park which works just fine with the current technology of whale tanks. The whles didn't give a crap- they were still enclosed inside an opaque spaceship. I don't think weight was an issue, so what was the need for having transparent aluminum?

Postby Road Show » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Is it just me, or does anyone else here think that building with discarded container sounds like it's been done to death in architectural classrooms throughout the world?

Not to be critical for no reason, I am familiar with another building material that is struggling to gain acceptance in the US market. It is a material that was developed in Sweden between 1920 & 1932. It is called aerated autoclaved concrete, or "AAC". It can be produced from common materials found on just about any building site, therefore, no need to transport materials to a job site. It is finding resistance in the US for many reasons, but the material is a high-tech version of adobe. It seems to be widely accepted elsewhere in the world...but big business here just seems to regard it with skepticism...not unusual for the US. Check out the link to the Trade Association below:

http://www.aacpa.org/

Or for a quick overview of the material, check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerated_au ... d_concrete

There may be a way for some inventive minds to use this material in ways not yet conceived?

RSG

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:04 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

I think the future in housing may just be in lightweight, durable building elements. The technology is already there. If you recall, one of the better ideas that was shot down on season 2 of American Inventor was that 'lego-type' construction block concept.

I mean, can you picture 3-year-olds building homes??

It would be like, "Forget the dishes, son. Go outside and make me a barn!"
Previous