FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby mojo62 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:29 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Read the first post by Scrup, "are any needs or problems that exist in your own community, then this may be a good place to bring them up."

What are some needs. Let's talk about more needs, have the majority agree on the one to go after. Let's develop it right here out in the open. Someone can agree to document and notorize our work.

We can keep some aspects behind closed doors via private message. Just copy these to each participant. Most of the discussion can be open and done right here.

Yes, you got it! I am talking about inventing something right here on this thread. Hey I'll pay the $100 for the provisional application.

Let's keep it between the ones that have already spoken on this thread.
There are seven. Let's come up with the best invention that seven heads can come up with. Let's keep it serious. You do have to throw humor in a little to be sucessful though.

Let's invent something right here and attempt to get it on the market. You can take your cut to help fund your personal projects.

I suggest keeping it simple. Maybe not a totally new concept, but improve a concept such as a animal barrier. I kinda like the idea of a new unique key organizer in which was mentioned.

Let's pick something together and go for it.

Let's work smart, quickly and seriously with a little humor mixed in.
Why not, all it will cost me is some time and 100 bucks. Equal split divided by seven.

Ya'll with me or just think I'm nuts. I asked a question in the B.S. thread. My answer to that is that the ones that routinely participate on these threads are the inventors with the drive to want to do something.

Regards,
MO

Postby mojo62 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:54 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Let me add one more thing before I retire for the night. I will come back in 24 hrs. to see who would like to do what I am talking about. I think 48 hours would be resonable to give the seven time to decide.

Let's hash it out and pick a product to go for (within 2 weeks). Majority rule. Let's do one, make it successful and go after the next project.

I would like to set a 60 day goal on submitting a provisional application to the USPTO. It will be written for the most part as we go along. If we are not as successful as we desire, we learn from our mistakes and try again.

I will go ahead and submit a couple of my thoughts on some potential items to go after.

1. Construction logs made out of soda bottles. (2 liter)
2. A new kitter litter system made out of recyclable material(s).
3. A new, easy, portable, home gardening system. Possibly incorporating my #1.

P.S. Need someone to document our discussion from the start.

Regards,
MO

Postby Scrupulous » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:54 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Well, the documentation gets done as we type.

So, let me start with the 2-liter bottle thing, mojo.

First, a threaded coupler could join bottles together. This leads to the thought of using PVC components, and a custom adapter that goes from the 2-liter bottle thread to the standard sprinkler/riser thread. That way, you can throw up a skeleton of PVC piping and connectors, and then screw in a whole mess of bottles. The tolerances could be remarkably tight (+/- .010") because all your doing is cutting PVC piping to specific lengths. The bottles would reinforce the structure and allow tons of light.

The tough part would be to seal the spaces between bottles, to keep the structure insulated. But, you could extrude a shape that fits the bottles exactly, or just use foam pieces. Heck, depending on the tensile strength of the piping, and the way that the bottles are bonded to each other, you could actually talk about load-bearing floors.

And, I get the feeling there would be something to using bottles and PVC (sprinkler) components together, that would lend itself to a watering system of one kind or another.

2 Liter bottle

Postby mojo62 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:18 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Scrup,
Let's give it some more time and see who wants to participate out of the seven. We may want to brainstorm more ideas and pick the one that we think we could most easily accomplish. I listed a couple.

Sounds like you like the bottle building though. You could cut the bottom off the bottles and insert the neck end into the cut end. The caps could be embedded into the PVC frame for the end threaded bottle. The obstacle would be sealing around the ends and in between. Could be the bottles are so tightly meshed together as to not require a whole lot of seal.

The bottles could be stacked vertically or horizontally. What would be the best, cost effective insulator. Ground newspaper? Bottles could be filled with sand, water, hay. The PVC could be filled with sand for required weight.

We could make a simple dog house for experimentation and the provisional could cover the frame and log assembly. I like the green plastic. We go through a alot of the Sprite 2 liters at my place. Pet shops might go for something like this if it looks nice at the right price.

Keep in mind also that later it could be a good thing for different projects to start and inventors could pick and choose projects in which to be a potential participant. Many things could be accomplished by various small groups.

Let's work smart, fast, efficient and kindly. Oh, a little humor needs to mixed in too!!! :lol:

Scrup, My toy idea is still on the table and the drawing board.
Will start working that one soon.

Bottles

Postby coolmax » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:24 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

Mojo:

I think the 2-liter bottle idea would work best for building if the bottles where laying horizontally, stronger thicker walls.

Vertically would be best if you wanted light or if you wanted to solar heat the place, but I think it would have to be 2-layers thick to give you strength.

As for getting involved, count me in.

two liter bottles

Postby Work2XL » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:01 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Pet bottles really have no load bearing properties to speak of. If you happen to have the cap on it helps a bit. I used to make them for Pepsi. I can get the specs if anyone needs them. My wife used to be QA, she used to have to test top load specs. As a building material, it is useless if it has to be load bearing. An insulator possibly. My mom lives in a house made out of beer cans in Iowa. The cans are incorporated into the concrete walls. It's kind of weird.

Randy

Postby jtc6913 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm

jtc6913
White Belt

I agree with Work2XL, the bottles would have to be combined with some rigid material for the structure to support a roof design. They would work as a great for a source of light but still would have little R-value. I read about a inventor who was using bottles for a solar hot water application, replacing exspensive gas and electric water heaters.

Perhaps you could shread the plastice bottles and add them to the cement, this could act similar to the fiberglass they add to concrete now. Or shread the bottles, make a mold and add a glue or resin to create a building block. The supply of such bottles are endless.

enjoy,
jtc6913

Postby jtc6913 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:41 pm

jtc6913
White Belt

Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I really should preview my posts before I submit them.

jtc6913

Postby mojo62 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:14 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

When I first thought of 2 liter logs, I was thinking more of simple and small structures such as dog houses, small green houses, child's log cabin and the like. I didn't envision large houses as a possiblity. Someone could cut into your house. Making insulation logs might be a pretty good idea and stuff them with hay.

So far nobody has listed any other ideas for our possible development. Are you guys wanting to try and do something with these bottle logs or are there some other product ideas we can think about also? My idea was to get a list of things first then choose the best one we agreed on.

If it's the bottles logs, fine with me. I kinda like the idea of insulation logs stuffed with hay. We could write a provisional application very easily.
I did not find anything related to building logs with soda bottles when doing a Google patent search.

Postby citizen » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:18 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

Any thoughts of using them to build rafts, boats, or docks?

With the cap on them they would be extremely boyant.
PreviousNext