FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Can you save the environment with govrenment grants?

Postby Contextion » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Anyone have information about starting a company with government grants to produce a new invention thats helps save the environment? My idea does not exactly save the environment but it is more environmentlly friendly than current products on the market.

I just tried:
http://www.mygovernmentresources.com/main_application_form.php

Postby Road Show » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:20 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Contextion,

In California there is grant money available from several sources, also low interest loans. Generally, the grant money is given to projects that are selected from a pool of applicants, and the general idea is that the project is funded 50% with the grant money, and 50% with money put up by the applicant. The low interest loans are available to start ups, but qualifying can be a rigorous ordeal. Unproven technology is probably not likely to get a green light. You may be able to gain the interest of a company which has an interest in environmental projects, and they may be able to apply for and receive grant money once the product is viable; however, you admit that the environmental connection is somewhat tenuous, so be realistic. If your project removes material from the waste stream, i.e. through recycling or reuse of materials that would otherwise end up in landfills, this is your best bet.

Good Luck,

RSG

Postby Contextion » Tue May 01, 2007 3:49 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Last week I signed up at a few websites to get grants and today someone called me back saying I have been approved for a $5000 grant. They said they will fill out all the paper work I need so all I need to do is sign the paper to send into the government and then I could qualify for up to $100,000. I have to pay them $350 upfront and if I dont get atleast get $5000 then the $350 is refunded. I asked what website they were from and they said maximumgrants.org but that their site is down right now and it should be back up within the month. I also was given an 888 customer service number that said the name of the company is government grants division. I have tried searching the numbers and name over the internet with no success. I gave them my bank account number and told them they could bill me in 10 days. I hope this is real so I can start working on my business plan and get 100 grand to start me business!

Postby Michelle » Tue May 01, 2007 4:48 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Contextion wrote:Last week I signed up at a few websites to get grants and today someone called me back saying I have been approved for a $5000 grant. They said they will fill out all the paper work I need so all I need to do is sign the paper to send into the government and then I could qualify for up to $100,000. I have to pay them $350 upfront and if I dont get atleast get $5000 then the $350 is refunded. I asked what website they were from and they said maximumgrants.org but that their site is down right now and it should be back up within the month. I also was given an 888 customer service number that said the name of the company is government grants division. I have tried searching the numbers and name over the internet with no success. I gave them my bank account number and told them they could bill me in 10 days. I hope this is real so I can start working on my business plan and get 100 grand to start me business!

Before you EVER send money or give them personal info, you should always do a search on the company name and lawsuit ro complaint. Also, you shoudl always do a BBB search.

I hope this is for real for you. I don't want to seem skeptical but this sounds a litte too stinky to me. Can you tell us the website?

Postby Contextion » Tue May 01, 2007 4:51 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I tried looking them up at BBB but they were not on there.

Im thinking that if they are a bogus company my bank will be able to get my money back.

Postby Michelle » Tue May 01, 2007 4:56 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Well, let us know. I'd be curious as to the website. Also, it's be nice when you have time to write it all up in a how to article to share with others would would like to tap the grant market.

Just putting it out there for you to think about. :)

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 01, 2007 5:46 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Contextion,

Sorry but I for one feel you got scammed :(

"website is down" is not an excuse these days for a month of time. If they need to update or switchover it takes at most a day (AT MOST) so I would say 98% chance it's a scam. The nature of most con jobs is to set it at a realitivly low about and promise you a lot more. Sorry but it's a scam.

Postby Road Show » Tue May 01, 2007 6:30 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

Are you serious? You sent them your personal information? I hope you change your bank account RIGHT NOW! Even if there is $5,000 for you, it is probably a very high interest loan...say, 25% or higher. You will not have an easy time getting your $350.00 back. There are NO legitimate companies that charge to help people get government grants unless they are industry consultants as well. Sorry, but that's what I see. Good luck anyway.

RSG

Postby Contextion » Tue May 01, 2007 6:57 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Im calling tomorrow and getting more information when they are open but they did tell me the grants do not have to be paid back.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results.jsp?domain=maximumgrants.com

I looked their address up and it says maximumgrants.com was created today but .org is still available. I think I just caught them in a lie!

Postby Michelle » Tue May 01, 2007 7:43 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I would think about contacting the bank and letting them know to block anything from them. I don't know what they can do but I would go overboard in being careful.
Next