FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Michelle » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:26 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

If anyone gets help from people here, we want to be remembered too when you all get rich and famous. A nice little donation to build a cool new feature or fix the site and make it better would be nice.

Well, actually, what would be really nice is a donation to my pina colada fund :)

Postby scrapbookdi » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:22 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

Michelle,

This site has been so helpful. When my invention takes off, I would gladly donate to the site :D As far as your pina colada fund, that would come after my Hawaii fund :lol:

Postby Michelle » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Hey, I think we have the same fund...just named it differently. 8)

Postby coolmax » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:06 pm

coolmax
Yellow Belt

Yes I will be back to share the news & help this web site.

This web site has done more for the American Inventor Show & Inventors than ABC has.

If it was not for this web site a lot of Inventors would be lost.

Keep Up the GOOD Work.

If this web site keeps going after the American Inventor Shows second season I will be back in time to be an Investor to fund some Inventions.

No Guarantee at this time - WHEN :D

Postby TJSOLBERG » Mon May 21, 2007 6:27 pm

TJSOLBERG
White Belt

Hey All,
Well, I just received a call from American Inventor on the selection of the six finalist for season 2. To give you some background, I made it through the celebrity judges in the San Francisco auditions, I believe I was 1 of 15 that made it. Anyway, they told me I didn't get selected, although she couldn't tell me where exactly I fell out, she said I made it "EXTREMELY" close to being selected. Anyway, that is now water under the bridge and who knows, I could still get some airtime out of it. So, now that I have been released from any obligations with AI, I need to get back to getting my product to market any means possible.
I was introduced to this site while in the audition line. I have since then been monitoring all the things people have to say on various topics and feel I could get some help on getting my product out there.
My product is the Earplug System. I have a utility patent on the product and have been designing various proto-types since. I have finally completed the proto-type, and would like to find an investor or company to help get the product to market. If anyone is interested, I would send out some additional photos and information if you let me know. You can get a brief description of the patent at:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6340227.html

So, any and all responses are welcomed, good or otherwise. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon May 21, 2007 8:19 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I think it is an excellent idea and should be submitted to this crazy Thing-Tank tm (thank you very much :lol: ) we're hashing around here at InventorSpot.

Forget things like that Patent Storm jazz and post a picture here for free in the Inventor's Gallery. I would like to see it sold on tv, in retailers, handyman magazines, industry safety products catalogues, QVC. Everywhere! This is a fantastic idea with a huge market which includes not only trade/schools, but individual contractors, do-it-yourselfers. This is a great idea and should not be overlooked.

I'm completely serious, I think this could be one of the first projects the Thing-Tank tm invested some time on. Anyone want to do some 3D work for TJ? Make a simple video using the prototypes. It's public knowledge (I personally like the version on fig7 and 8 in your patent where there is an internal spring/ball/string/earplug arrangement. All you see is the earplug at the end of the frame. I don't like the version where the string winds around the circular thing (is it like a wound clock spring?). Winding the string has the potential to bind or tangle. And the spring can't be so strong that it pulls the plug out of your ear at the wrong moment.

Please speak up here and tell people BSG sent you (I'll take a portion of that Red Hot Mag-Ma "Finder's Fee"). This website will make that show obsolete. Welcome to the next step in bringing your idea to reality. :D

Postby TJSOLBERG » Mon May 21, 2007 9:21 pm

TJSOLBERG
White Belt

BSG,
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad you like the one with spring because that is how the proto-type is made, minus the spring set up. I just ended up using a piece of thin elastic cord which makes it even easier and cheaper to make. It functions very well. Thanks again for replying.

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue May 22, 2007 5:23 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

It's great that you have several types of mechanism options, that's VERY important in this game and sure someone could make safety glasses with little arms extending out over your ears so you could lower them when you needed sound protection and swing them up out of the way when not, but your idea is better than that. I'm sure several companies would want to have one version of yours or another just to get a piece of the action.

Is there ANYTHING else like it? Are there glasses with earplugs that just hang but don't retract? I can't think of having seen anything like that and yours is still better. I really do love this idea whereas I am always in situations where I need eye and ear protection and it sucks to have to go looking for both. You could put them in a protective case that could be carried in a toolbox. Right now I have to put my safety glasses in a special spot so they don't get all scratched up and then go looking for those stup earplugs that always seem to run away.

This is a SLAMDUNK (maybe that's not such a good compliment these days) how 'bout I call it a KNOCKOUT? I would love to help you in any way I can just because these need to get in stores so I can buy one. I can't say enough good things about the idea I'm glad the show passed on it.

And by the way if you need to buy a video camera don't buy the Sony HDD DCR SR40. One week after the labor warranty ran out the internal speaker stopped working. It still records the sound and plays back on tv, but not when viewing playback through the LCD screen. Sorry just had to get that off my chest. Keep going this is a GREAT IDEA!!!!! 8)

Ear Plugs

Postby Work2XL » Tue May 29, 2007 12:31 am

Work2XL
Blue Belt

I like the earplug idea. One of the companies I worked at we did something similar. Our glasses had a hole at the end of the arms. We cut the string on the earplugs about the length of the arm and threaded it through the hole then tied the end around the arm. We would pull the knot up to the glasses frame when we did not need the earplugs, then just pulled the plug and the knot slid down so we could put it in our ear. It was a bit annoying when the plug dangled at our earlobe but you got used to it after awhile. The company I worked for paid for custom fit earplugs so you didn't want to loose them because they wouldn't pay for more than one set a year.

Your idea would be a better solution for standard plugs.

Glancing at your patent, I noticed the specific call out of material (rubber), and specific properties (rigid, resilient). Was that a good idea? Scrupulous could give a better opinion, but I believe it would open a door to bypass your patent.

Randy

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed May 30, 2007 3:42 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

I guess I'll have to go get TJ up, out of bed... :x

Works, I have a feeling Scrup is too busy over at the Think Tank working on their first project- determining a heirarchy.
PreviousNext