FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, citizen

Postby CherubSong » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:24 am

CherubSong
White Belt

DaddyMathis...what is Modern Marvels? Never heard of it.

Postby DaddyMathis » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:31 pm

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

The Modern Marvels/Invent Now Challenge. It's a contest put on by The History Channel and The National Inventors Hall of Fame. The deadline to enter was Nov. 30th. I think this is only the second year they've had the contest. Here's a link: http://www.inventnow.org

Thanks Michelle

Postby nutnlls2do » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:12 pm

nutnlls2do
White Belt

Michelle,
Thank you for the input on A.I. season 2. I know you are doing your best to keep every one updated on this information. Keep up the good work!
nutnlls2do :D

Postby Michelle » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:16 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks for the encouraging words and welcome to the site.

It get's a bit lonely in here since we just started this forum a few weeks ago, so I hope you will come and chat with me once in a while. Of course, if you can help spread the word about us, that's cool too. :)

Are you going to audition or are you just a fan of the show.

How did you find us?

Michelle

Postby Matt Wood » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:22 pm

Matt Wood
White Belt

DaddyMathis wrote:The Modern Marvels/Invent Now Challenge. It's a contest put on by The History Channel and The National Inventors Hall of Fame. The deadline to enter was Nov. 30th. I think this is only the second year they've had the contest. Here's a link: http://www.inventnow.org

I thought it looked really good from the commercials they ran for Modern Marvels last year. I believe that the commercial I saw most featured the engineer who designed the worlds longest bridge, connecting California to Hawaii, or something like that. :) Then Hawaii could have a TRUE interstate, instead of those "fake" ones they have now.

Postby scrapbookdi » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:46 am

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

I am really glad I this site exists. A co-worker found it and I was relieved to hear I didn't miss the audition because I saw the Dec. 4 date in Chicago and then realized it was still the 2005 schedule.
scrapbookdi

Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:55 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Welll welcome.

We have some good stuff planned to try to help everyone when the auditions happen so please keep coming back.

If anyone is involved with the inventor community, we;d appreciate your helping in spreading the word about out site.

Michelle

Postby DaddyMathis » Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:52 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I did the same thing dtesker. I spent about 3 months thinking the auditions in Atlanta were in December because the old schedule was still up. I guess I could use the extra time anyway.

Postby Michelle » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:54 am

Michelle
Black Belt

So what are you doing to prepare?

What should an inventor do to prepare for these auditions is a good topic for discussion I think.

Postby DaddyMathis » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:02 am

DaddyMathis
Yellow Belt

I'm still working on my prototype and my display. I've got some statistics and notes together for my pitch but I don't have that worked out yet either. Looks like I'll be pulling some all-nighters to get ready.
PreviousNext