FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Ready to launch........Would like your help

Postby 5rocks » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:30 am

5rocks
Green Belt

Hello. It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted. I hope everyone is doing well. My wife and I are finalizing our instructions and box art(packaging). I never realized how much work it was to get things down on paper so others can understand how my product works as well as I do. The box art has been fun. I would like to post a link with our box art layout and get feedback from the forum's regular posters, as well as anyone else interested. We have a pretty good start with a friend of ours that is a graphic desinger. She is very talented so really, the sky is the limit with what she can do. I will try to post a link to the art within the next day or two. Our box size is about 9 1/2"x9"x32" The pictures will fit an entire side. I would love your recommendations, additions, etc, before we send to the box people. This is a very exciting step, but I want to be patient so we deliver the best look we can. I am highlighting the tailgating chair because it is the bread and butter of the invention. The bike rack and cargo carrier features are enhancements that will also be shown. The main picture is just a sample picture taken from our brochure. I want to use a picture that really keys-in on the chair and is not confusing. I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Pat
www.thetakeaseat.com

p.s. Any ideas on how I can link to my art file? I am drawing a blank at the moment.

Roger Brown- I am guessing you have some experience in this area. I have seen one of your products at our local hobby shop. Looks great!

Postby Michelle » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:27 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

You can use the img button on your edit post screen. If you have any problems, you can email it to me and I will try to do it.

This is so exciting. I really hope it's a blockbuster for your. :)

toys

Postby Roger Brown » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:04 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

5Rocks wrote:

Roger Brown- I am guessing you have some experience in this area. I have seen one of your products at our local hobby shop. Looks great!

And you didn't buy all they had!!! I am shocked!! LOL

Since you said it was a hobby shop I assume it was one of my toys. Tell the shop owner to order hundreds. I have kids going to college. I nned the royalties. LOL :D
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby 5rocks » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:44 pm

5rocks
Green Belt

I'll tell you what Roger. I'll buy them out and say that there is going to be a shortage so they better order as many as they can. It is your power pitch horseshoes. I was in a hobby store just walking through and the box caught my eye. I didn't even check out the cost. I was in a hurry. I will go back with my sons and give it a closer look.

Pat

toys

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:50 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

You are the man! I like the shortage part! LOL Now if I could just get Oprah to play with it on her show I would be set for life. :D
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Hahndds » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 am

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

Great job Pat,

How exciting to see your product come alive!

I would be more than happy to look at your art and give you my opinion, whatever it is worth.

Good luck!

-Christian
<p><strong><a href="http://www.inventaholics.com/">www.Inventaholics.com</a></strong> - be part of the journey</p><p>"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it"</p>

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Sunny
Yellow Belt

Hi Pat,

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!. Well done.

Hope you make a ton in this venture !

Sunny

Postby mojo62 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:15 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Way to go Pat :wink:

It takes money to make money

Postby Mr Invention » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:26 pm

Mr Invention
Green Belt

Christian, because of having some time to look into your product and see what you have done, it appears as though you have spent quite some time and money to get to where you are. After reading everything that you have done up to this point, it appears as though you have only make mistakes on 50% of the things that you have accomplished up to this point but because you have money you probably will figure out what those mistakes are even though it will cost you additional money to do so and make the necessary changes. What you are doing now, I have been doing for the past 40 years and have all ready made all of the mistakes that you have made and the mistakes you will continue to make before you work your idea to a conclusion which I hope will be a successful conclusion. Once again you represent less than 1% of inventors in that you actually have some money but even then you are still making mistakes (I know people that blew from $10,000 to $1,000,000 on their first ideas of which I was one. I hope you keep me abreast of your going forward with your idea and if on the way I can be of any help, don't hesitate to contact me. I can still remember the enjoyment that I got from trying to get my first idea to market minus of course the money that I misspent on stupid mistakes. The dental related product that I have been working on for the past three years seems as though it is coming to fruition which will translate into about $35,000,000.00 in sales over a five year period of time.

Postby citizen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:06 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

huh?
Next