FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

My two cents

Postby Work2XL » Sun May 27, 2007 2:05 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

I've pretty much quit reading on this. Personally I don't care about how any of it is framed, who gets paid what ect. As for my participation, if any of the ideas fall into my realm, or get developed to the point where Plastic material needs to be identified, molds created, or you just need another set of eyes looking at a problem, I have no problems helping or signing a NCND. As for the rest, (Money, %, ect) if I am due any financial stake according to how it finally gets framed, I hereby donate it to the operating account of the organization you create. Not to be split among any members, but to help then next project. If no new project becomes developed then Donate it funds to a charity of the groups choice that has been working on SIDS prevention. I would suggest something similar to begin with for all members at least on the first project. Once the project is completed, then the remaining members can work out the rest of the structure for the future. Even vote on the members who move forward and become partners based on participation. This way, the issue doesn't get complicated by people who have no interest actually progressing an idea.

If at some point my two cents are requested again, feel free to email me at work2xl@comcast.net

Randy

Postby Michelle » Sun May 27, 2007 10:26 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I think its really sad the way this discussion has devolved.

I'd like to start a fresh discussion on a think tank for inventors, but the ground rules is that no current invention or idea of any member will be selected.

It all needs to be from the ground up and created by the think tank for the benefit of the thing tank.

Would anyone be willing to start a new thread with some ground rules proposed by the submitter?

Michelle

Postby Scrupulous » Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Mojo, hold off on that new thread for now. We'll need to start a new one anyway, once we get the 'ground rules' narrowed down here.

(A smaller group should be ideal for us to make enough progress, early on.)

Re: My two cents

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon May 28, 2007 7:09 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Work2XL wrote: As for my participation, if any of the ideas fall into my realm, or get developed to the point where Plastic material needs to be identified, molds created, or you just need another set of eyes looking at a problem, I have no problems helping or signing a NCND. As for the rest, (Money, %, ect) if I am due any financial stake according to how it finally gets framed, I hereby donate it to the operating account of the organization you create.

Hey Randy, meet TJ Solberg. He holds an awesome utility patent (giving him a better chance of success) on a product you could work on. Make your own private deal with him. Forget about the Thing-Tank tm idea (I'm so embarassed I actually thought people would like that name... oh wait, we never voted on it).

Go to the part of the forum where they have the 'Financing Your Invention' heading (think that's what it's called). Go to the 'Angel Investor' topic. He may want to talk to you about making his protos. You never know.

I say find and privately network with people here who need specific jobs done for them. I think this place is more like a project networking hub. Contacts can be made right here and once we have a wider range of viewers there may be a better chance that a specific project can be made and delivered. Forget about trying to form a rigid frameworked structure- let's drop that model and just do what we're doing and it may just manifest on it's own. ( and for anybody who wants to say, "Who the Hell died and made you Captain?" I'd ask you if you had a better idea)

I'd LOVE to see one of the AI rejects get to people before the million dollar winner. How close is the Anecia to being available to consumers? I thought it was supposed to be an amazingly revolutionary invention (WAS it patented I don't remember?) chosen with the highest phoned in votes and mentored by the Innovation Super Guru Douglas Ham Head Hall? I thought America loved this thing? Hey Doug, are you still around? How close are we to seeing your geniusly enginerial guru-ness at work? I hope you didn't bet the Ranch on this one! :lol:

I can't wait until season 2 and I hope I don't have to pick on George Foreman... but I will just to show I walk the walk. 8) JUST KIDDING GEORGE :shock:

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon May 28, 2007 7:26 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Hey Michelle :D WAASSSSAAPPPPPP????

I think maybe we're all overlooking something standing right in front of us...........................(suspense music)........... the website IS the Thing Tank (was that a typo on your part or did you actually use it intentionally? thank you, I'm flattered) This site is constantly evolving (dynamism, a good thing) and as long as we don't get sucked into that big black hole of egos (ok ok mine included :oops: ) something may actually happen and ideas can be spewing out of this cyber-EurekaRanchtm out into the real word.

Maybe THIS is how it should be done instead of spending the weekend at Dougy's? (I wonder if he snores?) The price ain't bad either. Maybe the site is the one who should get a guaranteed percentage point out of every deal that is born here. People bring their ideas, some bring their expertise and some bring their cash. We need to get more Peter Joneses here. We have plenty of ideas and people learning the process in the wings learning from this site.

Sure I think Inventorspot would be entitled to a portion of the money I make if I sign a deal formed here. I would be glad to do it. :)

Postby Michelle » Mon May 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:Hey Michelle :D WAASSSSAAPPPPPP????
Sure I think Inventorspot would be entitled to a portion of the money I make if I sign a deal formed here. I would be glad to do it. :)

We don't want a cut of the deal. We just want you all to be incredibly successful and incredibly generous to us when you get rich. I live for the day one of you guys gets a great deal and writes us a big fat check so I can afford to get someone to help us....and I can get some sleep. :)

Thanks though.

Michelle 8)

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue May 29, 2007 2:57 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Do I have to slap you or what? :lol: OK then, no one would be obligated to give you guys anything. But I am, and when I write you that $Mil check I want the website name changed to "Think-Spank"tm. :lol:

But seriously, that would be big news if a product worked it's development process through this portal with peer networking and people actually made money by being a part of the process.

I liked how TJSolberg mentioned he learned of this site while standing on line to audition for AI2. I wonder who it was he heard it from? That's great to know he got here via word of mouth. I'd really like to see people rejected from these crazy contests and reality shows be able to come here and learn more about the inventing process and actually make deals while working with people across the country or maybe even the world (oh my God! Maybe Al Gore's internets and ultimately this website are gonna give back the "Tom Joads" of this land's dream of having a piece of the American pie).

The specifics of the deal between, let's say, TJ and Works, is between them and they can correspond outside the site. Or in some smokey, dimly lit, backroom down some dark rainy alley- I don't care how they do it as long as it was made possible by you and your team. Which is totally possible.

If people don't break out of some old, outdated paradigms they'll never know what else is possible. (they didn't used to call me Phil"O"Sophical in college for nothin :oops: )

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue May 29, 2007 3:20 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

[quote="DannyB"]Maybe I misunderstood something from the beginning. I thought the whole idea was to get a bunch of people together to “inventâ€

Postby Average Inventor » Tue May 29, 2007 9:25 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

BSG,

Although I respect your passion for setting up deals and giving away money, it would be nice if you post that unrelated info in another thread so people who are still trying to organize this group can get down to work and stay focused. This isn't meant to be a dig and hopefully you won't take it that way. We have determined that the main differences in scope are that you and a few others would like a group that focuses on pooling thier talents to help launch new inventions that are brought to inventorspot. That sounds like a great idea and since you have the passion for it you should create a seperate thread spelling out exactly what that group is all about. You have already stated that you are not interested in this think tank as it's being formed here so please have the courtesy to post in other topics concerning your other ideas. Thanks!

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue May 29, 2007 2:11 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

:shock: You said the "P" word! I just had a wicked sick flashback. :shock:

I don't want to be the "Passion Guy". I hated that about AI1- "Oh, I love your PASSION! (now go fly a kite)".
Ave, I don't intend to "set anything up" at this point unless it is something I feel passionate about..... :shock: Oh my God I think I'm going crazy!!! Seriously though, I don't think you need to waste so much time and effort hashing out issues that shouldn't even be a consideration at this point. That's coming from an interested observer.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I'm not trying to take over your group. Someone needs to sum up your progress though, because I think some people aren't even sure of what they are voting on. So many of the numbered points were vague and ambiguous leading to endless interpretations and a total loss of focus. Just trying to help. :)
PreviousNext