FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Re: I-SPOT PRIVATE FORUM: Terms of Entry 1.0

Postby Levi Porter » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:39 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Key,

please include the following statement after the terms, and before your signature. (If you don't use the quote box, the it would be good if you inserted a row of dashes between the terms and your statement, like this.)

------------------------------------------

"I agree to the Terms of Entry here."

Scrup

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:26 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Dear established users,

You will be "grand-fathered" into the private forum, if you have accumulated at least 200 posts (or at least 100 posts, if you joined in 2006) by today. We would still need you to agree to the Terms of Entry.

After the original members are admitted, I'll be submitting a list of new members for access, once a month. So, if you're interested, then please "sign" the agreement soon. Otherwise, it may have to wait for a few weeks.

Scrup
Last edited by Scrupulous on Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:02 am

mojo62
Black Belt

The terms are as follows:

Users must have posted at least 25 messages in the forums at this website, before entry will be considered.

Users may be either ejected, or denied entry, from the private forum, by the existing members of the private forum thru a unanimous vote (notwithstanding the will of the user in question) for any reason, and without prior warning or explanation.

Two or more motions for any decision will be voted on. Decisions are made by unanimous vote. (Consider this a tight-knit group, on the playground, at recess.) You must be at least 18-years-old to participate.

Roll-call for current membership will be taken during the last seven days of every month, and entered by the last day. Existing members who do not make roll call, may be denied entry into the private forum, until they are re-admitted.

Here are the most important stipulations:

1. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

2. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

3. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

4. You will maintain secrecy, privacy, and utter confidentiality with respect to any information, which could be reasonably considered intellectual property, that is presented by others in the private forum, regardless of whether there is a question over the true originator(s) of said information, unless you provide proof to the private forum that you were in possession of said information prior to entry into the private forum, and until said proof is accepted by the members thru a unanimous vote.

5. You will conduct yourself as a mature individual.

6. You will stipulate to any terms hereafter amended to these Terms of Entry, or may then hence be denied entry to the private forum.

7. You acknowledge and agree that InventorSpot.com and AhaCafe do not monitor the Private Forums and are not responsible for anything that happens in the Private Forums. You will indemnify and hold harmless AhaCafe LLC and InventorSpot.com and its affiliates from any liability or harm associated with or arising from your actions or inactions in connection with the private forums. You also understand that the Terms of Use at InventorSpot.com supersede these Terms of Entry here.

I agree to the Terms of Entry here.

/mojo62/

November 4, 2007

Postby 5rocks » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:33 am

5rocks
Green Belt

The terms are as follows:

Users must have posted at least 25 messages in the forums at this website, before entry will be considered.

Users may be either ejected, or denied entry, from the private forum, by the existing members of the private forum thru a unanimous vote (notwithstanding the will of the user in question) for any reason, and without prior warning or explanation.

Two or more motions for any decision will be voted on. Decisions are made by unanimous vote. (Consider this a tight-knit group, on the playground, at recess.) You must be at least 18-years-old to participate.

Roll-call for current membership will be taken during the last seven days of every month, and entered by the last day. Existing members who do not make roll call, may be denied entry into the private forum, until they are re-admitted.

Here are the most important stipulations:

1. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

2. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

3. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

4. You will maintain secrecy, privacy, and utter confidentiality with respect to any information, which could be reasonably considered intellectual property, that is presented by others in the private forum, regardless of whether there is a question over the true originator(s) of said information, unless you provide proof to the private forum that you were in possession of said information prior to entry into the private forum, and until said proof is accepted by the members thru a unanimous vote.

5. You will conduct yourself as a mature individual.

6. You will stipulate to any terms hereafter amended to these Terms of Entry, or may then hence be denied entry to the private forum.

7. You acknowledge and agree that InventorSpot.com and AhaCafe do not monitor the Private Forums and are not responsible for anything that happens in the Private Forums. You will indemnify and hold harmless AhaCafe LLC and InventorSpot.com and its affiliates from any liability or harm associated with or arising from your actions or inactions in connection with the private forums. You also understand that the Terms of Use at InventorSpot.com supersede these Terms of Entry here.

I agree to the Terms of Entry here

/5rocks/

November 5, 2007

Postby mojo62 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:29 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Members so far!

citizen
key on the kite
5rocks
Scrupulous
mojo62
Levi Porter
Road Show

7 so far, and big enough for me. It sounds good too! ThinkTank7 tm

How big should we allow it to get? Anyone?
Last edited by mojo62 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: I-SPOT PRIVATE FORUM: Terms of Entry 1.0

Postby Road Show » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:16 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

[quote="Scrupulous"]The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

mojo62 wrote:Members so far!

citizen
key on the kite
5rocks
Scrupulous
mojo62
Levi Porter
Road Show

7 so far, and big enough for me. It sounds good too! ThinkTank7 tm

How big should we allow it to get? Anyone?

Yeah, that'll do for now. Congratulations to you guys!

We are the seven "original" members of the I-Spot private forum. I look forward to initiating the process, and engaging in some pretty interesting discussions with you all, once we get inside.

I will submit this list for direct access to the private forum as soon as I get the answers to a few questions. Until then, make sure to safeguard your passwords (and change them if necessary). For now, I will begin ratifying these agreememts in the order that they were submitted.

For those who have been offered an automatic grandfathered membership, based on 100 or 200 posts, I am prepared to honor that thru the month of November. Afterwards, all members will need to be voted in.

BTW, Key-on-the-kite, make sure to add your statement before your signature, so we can acknowledge your membership.

Thanks guys,

Scrup

Postby 5rocks » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:41 pm

5rocks
Green Belt

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Pat

Postby mojo62 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:04 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Thank you Scrup! :)
PreviousNext