FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

5rocks wrote:The terms are as follows:

Users must have posted at least 25 messages in the forums at this website, before entry will be considered.

Users may be either ejected, or denied entry, from the private forum, by the existing members of the private forum thru a unanimous vote (notwithstanding the will of the user in question) for any reason, and without prior warning or explanation.

Two or more motions for any decision will be voted on. Decisions are made by unanimous vote. (Consider this a tight-knit group, on the playground, at recess.) You must be at least 18-years-old to participate.

Roll-call for current membership will be taken during the last seven days of every month, and entered by the last day. Existing members who do not make roll call, may be denied entry into the private forum, until they are re-admitted.

Here are the most important stipulations:

1. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

2. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

3. What happens in the private forum stays in the private forum.

4. You will maintain secrecy, privacy, and utter confidentiality with respect to any information, which could be reasonably considered intellectual property, that is presented by others in the private forum, regardless of whether there is a question over the true originator(s) of said information, unless you provide proof to the private forum that you were in possession of said information prior to entry into the private forum, and until said proof is accepted by the members thru a unanimous vote.

5. You will conduct yourself as a mature individual.

6. You will stipulate to any terms hereafter amended to these Terms of Entry, or may then hence be denied entry to the private forum.

7. You acknowledge and agree that InventorSpot.com and AhaCafe do not monitor the Private Forums and are not responsible for anything that happens in the Private Forums. You will indemnify and hold harmless AhaCafe LLC and InventorSpot.com and its affiliates from any liability or harm associated with or arising from your actions or inactions in connection with the private forums. You also understand that the Terms of Use at InventorSpot.com supersede these Terms of Entry here.

I agree to the Terms of Entry here

/5rocks/

November 5, 2007

Re: I-SPOT PRIVATE FORUM: Terms of Entry 1.0

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

[quote="Road Show"][quote="Scrupulous"]The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

[quote="makeworldbetter"][quote="Scrupulous"]The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:40 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

[quote="bottleslingguy"][quote="Scrupulous"]The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€

Forum selection clause

Postby MattB » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:13 am

MattB
White Belt

You may want to consider adding a "forum selection clause" :wink:

Best of Luck! Please post your accomplishments and new products to keep us informed and interested!

Peace
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby Scrupulous » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:54 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Okay, acces has been granted.

Go ahead and check it out, guys.

(and, someone please respond to the thread that's already there, so I can see if it notifies me by email.)

Re: Forum selection clause

Postby Levi Porter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:52 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

MattB wrote:You may want to consider adding a "forum selection clause" :wink:

Best of Luck! Please post your accomplishments and new products to keep us informed and interested!

Peace

Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement!

I would think that we will disclose as much as we can without jeopardizing ourselves.

Levi

What is a forum selection clause?

Postby MattB » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:55 am

MattB
White Belt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_selection_clause

It is best practice, and bordering on malpractice for any attorney not to mention, that any online contract should contain a "forum selection clause" or "choice of laws" clause.

Pretty much, if any conflict should arise, you agree how and by what rules to arbitrate.

Best of Luck, I think I will enjoy reading about some of your newest and best ideas!
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Re: What is a forum selection clause?

Postby Scrupulous » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:13 am

Scrupulous
Black Belt

MattB wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_selection_clause

It is best practice, and bordering on malpractice for any attorney not to mention, that any online contract should contain a "forum selection clause" or "choice of laws" clause.

Pretty much, if any conflict should arise, you agree how and by what rules to arbitrate.

Best of Luck, I think I will enjoy reading about some of your newest and best ideas!

I'm gonna say this as nicely as I can.

This is not a binding agreement. This is a set of informal expressions toward co-operation ...an ongoing conversation, if you will. Do you see a requirement for real names anywhere?

Maybe if you spent more time reading about the development of this process, you would sound more like you knew what you were talking about (and you might look less like a troll).

I don't particularly appreciate your insults here. If you're interested in the group and would like to join someday, then you're certainly going about it the wrong way. Spend a little more time reading, a lot less time doling out candy-covered tidings, and you may learn a thing or two. But for now, save your contrived remarks for a more appropriate thread.

And, don't worry. No one is suing you. :wink:

[Your comments on that will be moved to a more appropriate thread, after you've had a chance to read this. As I have to do that manually, any further comments about it on this thread will be promptly deleted.]

Think Tank

Postby inventor-x » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:14 pm

inventor-x
Brown Belt

The following Terms of Entry must be agreed to, before entry into the private forum will be granted. This entire message must be quoted (copied verbatim) and agreed to, in the form of “I agree to the terms of entry here.â€
PreviousNext