FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Re: How to Find Good Companies for Inventors - Part II

Postby phatidea » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:06 pm

phatidea
White Belt

Jon here from PHATIDEA. You can find us at www.phatidea.com. You submit your invention to us. If we determine it to be something we want to feature, PHATIDEA will market, advertise and sell your product through our website. PHATIDEA charges no up front fees and only makes money when your product sells through our site. So PHATIDEA has only one intention, to get the consuming public to adopt your product as the lattest, greatest PHATIDEA.

No need to spend time and money building a shopping cart enabled website. No need to use PR firms that give you a quick hit with no lasting increases in customer traffic. Plus, it's not always easy to find your invention when nobody knows what its called or if it even exists. With PHATIDEA focused on being the internets only and largest retailer of innovative products, consumers will only know one name for the BEST NEW INVENTIONS! eBay is great for used items, PHATIDEA is your source for Innovative New IDEAS.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at jon@phatidea.com

Postby InventionPartner » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 am

InventionPartner
White Belt

Hello everyone,

I have found that most companies these days are looking for good ideas. They may not all have a formal submission process, actually most do not, but they all need new products and ideas. Most of these companies are willing to evaluate your idea as long as it fits with their business.

You may also find, as I have, that the companies without the formal submission process are more likely to work with you as there is less competition since they see fewer ideas. Many times these companies are more open to signing NDA's as the lawyers have not made them paranoid yet.

All the best,

http://www.inventionpartner.com

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

You are correct. That is why I target most of the medium sized companies. They are not so bogged down in layers of hurdles you have to go through just to get your foot in the door. PLus, they are wanting to be the big company so they are more open to ideas that may get them ahead.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Good Companies for Inventors

Postby Ron Docie, Sr. » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Ron Docie, Sr.
White Belt

Michelle,

Bosch has a great new website to encouirage inventors to submit ideas to them.

I just returned from Chicago at the International Home and Housewares Trade Show, and I found at least a third of all the companies I spoke with were extremely encoraging about submitting new ideas to them.

If this kind of percentage is indicative of other industies (and I beleive it is), then an inventor need not limit themselves as to 'which' companies may or may not be inventor friendly.

Instead, the trick is to find the right company with the right market postion for your invention. This is what I teach inventors how to do in The Inventor's BIble: How to Market and License Your Brilliant Ideas.

http://www.docie.com/the-inventors-bible/

Postby Michelle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:34 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Thanks for sharing one of the companies you have encountered with an open welcome for invention ideas.

Perhaps if people would be willing to share their finds here, we can help everyone out.

Michelle

How to Find Good Companies for Inventors - Part II

Postby Ron Docie, Sr. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Ron Docie, Sr.
White Belt

I think that if a person simply went to the websites of the Fortune 500 companies, they would easily find which of those offer submission procedures for independent inventors to submit their invention ideas. Companies are increasingly adopting 'open innovation'.

But, for most other inventions in niche markets whereby smaller companies may be more appropriate, matching companies from a selection based on whether they are inventor friendly is like trying to match the origin of a meteor to its landing point, before it hits.

Nonetheless, if you are going to offer such a list of inventor friendly companies, then it might also be helpful to list the product categories in which they operate or have an interest.

Postby tghtrkk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:19 am

tghtrkk
White Belt

Anyone ever had experience in the shoe industry? I'm thinking Nike, Reebok, Addidas.

I worked in shoes for about 10 years and a friend (even more shoe experience) and I have an idea we want to research/develop further.

HK Nam Fong Industrial Co.,Ltd. supply connector and cables

Postby linkwhere » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:13 am

linkwhere
White Belt

HK Nam Fong Industrial Co., Ltd. , based on the international metropolis Hong Kong, have our own offices and factories in Shenzhen and Guangzhou, expert in the electronic
components (including connectors, cable), consumer electronics products and electronic gifts of production (OEM), and Sales (Wholesale).

Begining with world-renowned agent (brand connectors) and the introduction of international technology, then starting the development, production and sales of Chinese-made products, Nam Fone has been well received by the trust of customers around the world. We have the extensive resources of the Chinese market, familiar with the electronic industry's latest information, and with the settled in Shenzhen, from Europe and the United States, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong and other countries and regions of the world's major industrial cooperation to meet the needs of all regions at all levels worldwide customers.

Over the years, HK Nam Fong Industrial Co., Ltd. Due to our honest, reliable product quality and dedicated sales engineers, professional services, has received the majority of users praise and support on consumer electronics, computer peripherals and cable customize.

After decades of development, Nam Fone has begun to take shape, now involved in usb connectors, hdmi cables, consumer electronics (computers, digital cameras, and cell phones periperals, usb flash drive, usb hub, MP3 player, MP4 player, etc) and other fields.

Take full advantage of our unique regional advantages, we have established good cooperative relationships with technical support from professional manufacturers who are expert in connectors, cable, cosumer electronics.

The company has a well trained staff, excellent and high-quality project development management team. Here is our team photo.

Link is everywhere, come and begin to work with us from now on.

Good Companies for Inventors - Inpama.com

Postby Isarf » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am

Isarf
White Belt

There are websites like Inpama.com that you can register for free and they let you market your idea yourself. This is an international marketplace for inventors to sell and market their inventions free of charge. You can also find prospective license-ready technologies and quickly implement it into a finished product.

From small companies, universities, or private patent holders, inpama.com is the global marketplace to buy and sell patented ideas and inventions.

As an inventor on Inpama.com you can:
-promote, market, and sell your inventions.
-create a profile page for your invention with pictures, videos and documents
-find new investors, manufacturers, and worldwide distributors

On the other hand, investors, entrepreneurs, and manufacturers can find new business ideas and new business partners on inpama.com.

For more information have a look on their website: http://www.inpama.com

Postby Roger Brown » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:29 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

I looked at your site and it is basically the same as other sites doing the same thing. You are not the only one doing this. The web is flooded with websites all claiming to be the place every Inventor should list their idea/product to get noticed, funding, sales. They all say list with us for free and companies and investors will find your product.
You say yours is an international marketplace. If they are on the internet they are all international marketplaces. There is nothing special to being international anymore. You get international exposure just by being on the internet. I get contacted by people all across the world that find my site using Google.com. I didn't do anything special that makes me stand out over the next website or buy a spot on Yahoo or Google so I show up first in a web search.
My problem with these types of websites is that they don't work unless the website has direct contact to every possible industry worldwide, which they don't. The Inventor that has a patented tool and posts it on your website or any of the others has no better chance of getting noticed by Black and Decker than if they made their own website. Large companies do not daily search the web looking for invention posting websites and then look through each and every posting on that website looking for the next big idea. They would have to employ a staff just to do the daily searches. So, what would bring all these companies/investors to your site daily over the other hundred websites offering the same setup?
Most large companies have a system set up to either review ideas submitted or go through a broker to filter the products they see. They also do their own product searches or they don't look at any ideas at all and hope they can come with new products in house through their own research and development department.
Posting sites feed off the hope of the Inventor that they will be spotted by a large company and make millions. They are better served to contact the company they want to attract themselves than post on a site and hope someone notices them.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.
PreviousNext