FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby mreyland » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:30 pm

mreyland
White Belt

I think what Roger is saying is very true...there are a lot of preditory companies in the inventing industry...not sayiing that you guys are...just that there are a lot.

People who do this for a living are always going to throw the BS flag when it looks like someoen may be taking advantage of those in this industry who may not know the right questions to ask,,,or the right people to ask them of.

Sure, we all like to make money....but when it comes to inventing in your basement - it's about dreams, and life savings...and kids college funds...it's a very emotional process and that means people have to be smart about what hey do.

You guys may be really good at what you do....and you may help hundreds of people find thier dreams....but don't forget, there are a lot of "pro's" watching out for people here and none of them think twice about throwing the BS flag....

Postby baycompower » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:17 pm

baycompower
White Belt

deleted

Re: MUST READ - What Invention Companies Do for Inventors

Postby jonathan3131 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:40 am

jonathan3131
White Belt

okay so I have an idea and I recently went to invention resource international. But before I move forward with this and decide whether to use them or go the route of individually hiring a patent agent, marketer and licensing agent I wanted to do some research on the company. There is not many results in this company especially related to people who have actually used this, I was wondering if anyone has heard of them and what they heard good or bad. And also which route is better the company that can help with everything or the individually hiring people along the way.

Postby Michelle » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I stand by my comments to your first posting of this question.

http://inventorspotforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=23274#p23274

Good luck,

Michelle

Postby Derek Pater » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:40 am

Derek Pater
Brown Belt

I wonder how the directors and staff of these Companies sleep at night, value for money and honesty have not come in to play here, I wonder how different those figures would be if the did do proper market and Patent researching and did the job they were paid for to the best of their capabilities.

The Client base would be more like 20,000 and the clients that made more money than they paid would be more like 2,000-

http://www.inventionsecrets.net

Postby dextercath96 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 pm

dextercath96
White Belt

It is hard to come up with that. I know there is a better way to improve it.

Thanks for the forum you have posted. It is great. And it gives

me a lot of information and knowledge about this.
Sunpowerport Solar Generator for sale. $450. New. Works

great. Will run most small electrical appliances. Great for

camping or emergency backup. No noise. No fumes. For more

details see http://www.sunpowerport.com.

[url="http://www.sunpowerport.com"] Sunpowerport Solar Generator

[/url]

Postby PennyB » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 pm

PennyB
Green Belt

Derek Pater wrote:I wonder how the directors and staff of these Companies sleep at night, value for money and honesty have not come in to play here, I wonder how different those figures would be if the did do proper market and Patent researching and did the job they were paid for to the best of their capabilities.

The Client base would be more like 20,000 and the clients that made more money than they paid would be more like 2,000-

1. I wonder how the directors and staff of these Companies sleep at night,

* Quite nicely. They wake up to truffles and toast too. They also drive fast Italian and British cars. Live in large homes and have servants.

2.value for money and honesty have not come in to play here,

* Not part of their terminology.

3.I wonder how different those figures would be if the did do proper market and Patent researching and did the job they were paid for to the best of their capabilities.

* First they’d have to be educated in what a standard market research consists of. Most of these fools wouldn’t know one if they were looking right at it. They take shortcuts and paste it onto glossy paper and call it that.

Postby Roger Brown » Fri May 21, 2010 4:19 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

This is their current statement as of March 16th 2010. Have fun using this dollar amount as you look at what Inventors are paying them. This is dollar amount is directly from their DOCUMENT 2 PRE-DEVELOPMENT AND REPRESENTATION
“II. Client’s Obligations

A. Consideration.
Client agrees to pay $745.00, which is due prior to the performance of any services by Davison. "

http://www.davison.com/legal/ads1.html
AFFIRMATIVE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
You should read all of this information carefully before proceeding.

The total number of consumers who submitted new product ideas to Davison during the past five years is five hundred seventy seven thousand nine hundred seventy three (577,973). Davison does not provide evaluation of commercial potential; thus, it has provided no positive or negative evaluation of this or any other product idea in the last five years. The total number of consumers who were offered a Pre-Development agreement (or similar contract for research services) is three hundred twenty six thousand nine hundred three (326,903). The total number of consumers who were offered a Contingency Agreement (or other contract for licensing representation) is three hundred twenty six thousand nine hundred three (326,903). The total number of consumers who purchased a Pre-Development Agreement or similar contract for research services is fifty thousand one hundred sixty one (50,161). The total number of consumers who signed a Contingency Agreement or other licensing representation agreement is fifty thousand one hundred sixty one (50,161). The total number of consumers who were offered a New Product Sample Agreement (or any other contract for design services for a virtual or a product sample) is thirty eight thousand four hundred ninety nine (38,499). The number of consumers who signed a New Product Sample Agreement or similar agreement is thirteen thousand eight hundred seventy (13,870). The number of consumers who obtained a written license with a company that is not affiliated with Davison is three hundred fifty six (356). The total number of consumers in the last five years who made more money in royalties than they paid, in total, under any and all agreements with Davison, is fourteen (14). The percentage of Davison’s income that came from royalties paid on licenses of consumers’ products is .001%.

Numbers current as of March 16, 2010
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri May 21, 2010 8:40 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Thanks for spelling that out Roger. That's what's known as a wake-up call.

Invention Companies kill!

Postby DeaconLen52 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:54 pm

DeaconLen52
White Belt

I'm a beginner, just starting out, so I need not say that I dont have a bunch of money to get my idea infront of the right people. You would think that invention companies would be more sensitive to guys like myself, just trying to get my foot in the door. NOPE!

Luckily im not easily discouraged, Ive decided to get big name attention on my own!

Youtube this: 'The Binky Bottle'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotlHJcHm8g
PreviousNext