FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Re: MUST READ - What Invention Companies Do for Inventors

Postby invets » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:17 am

invets
White Belt

Hi friends, Thanks for sharing some good information which is useful to me. I am new to the forum and i am glad to be here.

Thanks
msds authoring services

Postby Roger Brown » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Welcome aboard, make sure you look through the FAQ section. It has answers to a lot of questions that everyone seems to ask when they first get here.
Make sure before you use any Invention Submission Company that you ask questions so you know what you are getting into with them. One question to always ask is "How many Inventors made more money in royalties than paid you for your services?" You will be surprised by the answer in most cases. If they try and dodge the question, in my opinion, you need to go somewhere else. Most of these companies make the bulk of their income from selling services not from getting products licensed.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby harper36 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:00 pm

harper36
White Belt

thought you people had the bad idea promotion companies listed by now. I have known who they were for 40 years.:P You can go to my web page brumarintl.com and click on InventorEd invention promoter caution list which will show you the really bad guys. Of course everybody knows that ISC is now InventHelp. I have been able to help a couple of people that used Inventech,:P to get their products to market after their experience with Inventech. Once again, I cannot over emphasize the importance of knowing what you are doing when trying to get your idea to market. There are a lot of companeis but they only do a small percentage of what is needed in order to have a completed product ready to put on retail shelves. Most companies do one (PTO pumps out 1000 patents a day) or two things and than you have to go to another company for a specific task to be completed and than you go to another company to do another task and it goes on and on and on and is quite expensive. I think I am the only company in the world that does all 25 tasks needed to get an idea turned into a real product and then can fill, package, deliver and collect for PO's by any large retailer, wholesaler or distributor.:D I am sure you can guess by now that I am not trying to sell my services or a book at the ripe old age of 70 but merely trying to help people to avoid all of the pitfalls that I experienced when first trying to get my own idea/invention to market about 40 years ago.:) I can assure you that I don't need the money that I generate from my research, development, marketing and manufacturing company which represent just a small portion of my annual income. Even if I loose everything thing,:) my children (PE's, CPA's w/MBA's) told me they would take care of me in my old age (I think that time has arrived?) Have a nice day. :D

Postby jackbnimble56 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:53 am

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

Nice website and very comprehensive list, thanks!

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby PennyB » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:34 pm

PennyB
Green Belt

Jack:

Re your post of today (12/30/10), I give you a concept to reconsider or mull over regarding your comment: "All that Glitters May not be Gold" -------after the digging process begins.

In re Inventored.org (previous post by an invention promoter about his services where he mentions I/Ed.org) : there are approximately forty other companies and/or persons to be added to both the Extreme and Watch Caution lists on Inventored.org If anyone has a question about a person or company operating on a local or national level - send an email to Inventored.org and/or leave a message on the phone number or post a question here.

Hopefully I'll read it and provide facts in response. However, I'm having a heck of time logging on and staying logged on without having to continually relog in, in order to respond.

Regards,
P

Postby jackbnimble56 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:55 pm

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

Penny

I think maybe you have me confused with someone else? I don't believe I ever may that comment.

Jack

Postby PennyB » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:51 pm

PennyB
Green Belt

Jack:

This was your comment, " Nice website and very comprehensive list, thanks!"
======================================================

Everything else is my comment to your (above) viewpoint of what you were referring to. In other words, "All That Glitters MAY NOT BE GOLD" (my words in response to your post). Translated, I would suggest there are occasions where one should look deeper before reaching a decision about a person, a company, etc based only on what one reads and sees on a web site.

P

Postby jackbnimble56 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:27 am

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

Ahhh, okay Penny, I get your point. I was just giving my first impression of what I saw from a 15 second glance. I totally agree, more digging is ALWAYS necessary! Happy New Year!

Jack

Postby AlanAmron » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:00 am

AlanAmron
White Belt

IdeaApp is a search, report and document app and Algorthium that is free on the Apple iTunes App store for inventors and writers. I would love to personally hear from anyone that has any questions about our invention and writings processes at Alan@ideaApp.com or register on line at www.ideaApp.com
Previous