FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Idea to Actual Product BLOG - my first launch!

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:29 am

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

I am an inventor, or more accurately, an inventaholic! I decided to create a blog that follows me through my trials and tribulations that accompany the creation of a new product.

My blog, http://www.inventaholics.com, is kept up to date with all the information I learn. I am not an expert and offer my personal experience here, not a "how to" guide.

I think I have a lot of information to share and look forward to feedback that can help me make this product a success.

Thank you for reading this.

-Christian Hahn

Postby Average Inventor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:01 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

Hahndds,

Nice blog! It's good to see you are sharing your experience with other inventors. We at Ispot try to better inform inventors so they don't get scammed or get told common misconceptions. In your latest blog entry you talk about documenting your invention in an Inventor's notebook (great!) but then you go on to recommend people copy the page and get it notarized and then mail it to themselves. This is bad advise as it's a common urban myth in inventing. This step does nothing to protect your idea or validate a conception date for an idea. Welcome to Inventor Spot!

Yes, I just learned something!

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:07 am

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

Thanks for the info, that myth will save me time and money. My goal with the blog is just this, find out what is true and what is just a myth. We all learn from making mistakes much more than by reading how to do it right!

Thanks for reading my blog.

There is so much info here on this site....why did I not find it sooner?

Picture of invention

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 pm

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

Here is a picture of my invention. If you are not a dentist then you won't recognize it :)

Anyhow, it is a dual sided dental articulating forceps. Let's see if we can create a company and sell them...

That is the next step on http://inventaholics.com ... wish me luck

-Christian

[Christian - I had to remove your image as it was messing up the site. Sorry. Could you add something smaller? - Michelle]

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:31 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have a blog, too

Only I keep it secure since there are my ideas in progressing

secure

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:36 pm

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

The point of my blog is to help others and let others help me. Everything I disclose is protected via patent application.

My ideas are just on paper in a notebook.

If you like you can give me access to your secure blog and I can give you my feedback, whatever it is worth. Feel free to have me sign any NDA if you like.

How are you doing with your sun shield?

-Christian

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:54 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I have a open website makeworldbetter.com and a secure blog. Linked by the site but require password. And I also keep a inventor notebook.
Do you know your inventor notebook need to have others dated signature on them to serve chronological purpose? I use my blog to serve that purpose.

I think for review purpose, we can help each other on a case by case base. I can help you too, I am willing to sign NDA too.
If you love invention so much, I think you will make to our private think tank in no time. You know we have one on this forum, right?

Thanks

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

I am new to this site...feel free to fill me in ;)

My e-mail:

chahn@idealdentistry.com

If you have a NDA I would love to sign it, as well as join the think tank.

Thanks for the help,

Christian

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:12 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Oh, you also asked about my sunshade.
It's selling, but not as fast as I expected. One of reason is that I don't have any ads out there. And like you, I have a day job keep me busy.... and new ideas keep coming to me.

I will also give you a link to our private think tank http://inventorspot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=931 Take a look and apply for it. I will sponse you when you do.

Will do

Postby Hahndds » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Hahndds
Yellow Belt

I will apply for the forum as soon as I have my 25 posts...just started today.

Thanks for the sponsorship! I look forward to the think tank.

-Christian
Next