FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Dynamic Outsourcing - Get Work Done - Do Work for Others

Postby tony.fulford » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:22 am

tony.fulford
Green Belt

The Dynamic Outsourcing System website is targeted at small and medium sized businesses (SMB) and individuals for outsourcing their projects and work task in support of their business processes, i.e., Business Process Outsourcing (BPO). Requesters add items (projects/work task) to various queues which are then bid on by Business Service Providers (BSPs). The process is similar to an auction on eBay.

If you have something you want done, sign up as a Requester and post it. If you want to do work for other people, sign up as a Provider. Better yet, just register as both a Requester and Provider. IT IS FREE.

Say you want a patent filed, post it (as a Requester) and let patent agents and attorneys bid for it. If you are a patent attorney or agent sign up as a Provider.

It may take a while to get the people needed, but let's get started and see where it goes. To go there, click the following link:

Postby Michelle » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:32 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I had learned Tony had this website and I asked him to post it here in case we can start using it as a useful resource for inventors.

Seems much of the time, we have inventors with specific needs and it would be great to have a way to get them specific services without having to go through so much work to find the necessary resources.

Postby tony.fulford » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:52 pm

tony.fulford
Green Belt

I would like to add this so you are aware. In my example where you may want a Provider to file a patent. When you post the project/task keep it general in nature. All Providers on the system can see what you post initially because they have to have enough information to respond with a price for the work. DO NOT post the details of your idea at that time. Once there is a winning bidder (Provider), you can send messages back an forth (using the system, not email). These messages are between you and the Provider only and no one else can see them. That is the time when you want to give the Provider the details about your idea.

You will also want to get the Provider's information and check them out before you give them the details. The system provides anonymity between the Requester and Provider, so you are going to have to ask the Provider for the information.

If you need help with the system, post your questions here.

Thanks,

Postby tony.fulford » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:19 pm

tony.fulford
Green Belt

An example template for requesting a Provisional Application for Patent or Utility Patent Application.

Work Task: I need a Provisional Application for Patent (PAP) filed for an idea.

Title: Stove top cooking griddle.

NAICS CODE: 335211

NAICS DESCRIPTION: Griddles and grills, household-type portable electric, manufacturing

Copy and paste the above (the stuff between the underscores) and modify it to describe the area for your idea. Then paste it into a Notepad (plain text, .txt extension) document and store the document on your PC.

You can find the NAICS code and code description at: NAICS Search
You should use the NAICS codes when defining your idea so that there is no confusion about your idea.

You will need to register on the Dynamic Outsourcing System as a Requester. Once you are registered, go to the home page and look under Registered User Fastpath and select Requester - Manage Projects. Click on ADD AN ENTRY TO QUEUE 1. This will pop up a window for you to add the entry. Leave the Category set to Other. Enter either Provisional Application Application or Utility Patent Application for the Category for your Project or Work Task. Now click the first Browse button and locate the Description file you created and saved earlier. You do not need an Input file, so go down and click the Upload The File(s) button. On the next screen, click the CONTINUE button.

You can do this for ANY WORK you would like for someone else to do for you. You set an Offer Price (the price you would like to pay) and then Providers bid on the work much like on eBay.

Just let me know if you need something.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:10 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I find this system less attractive and somewhat unfair to work provider.
To be a provider, an individual must pay $10 monthly fee and per minute charge for monitor if there is any work to bid on. There is no tell on what kind of job queues and the amount of job before one pays the monthly fee and joints. If there is job for bidding, there is no guarantee one would win the bid. Ok after all that if a provider won a job, he receives 10% less on payment and that 10% goes to the website.
It may seem all charges are on provider and request user doesn’t need to carry any overhead. Not really, if his system can’t attract and retain good providers, then there will not be enough bidders on request’s job (no competition means no good price) and there is also no guarantee on job quality.

I am not here to bash, just hope this system can be better.

Postby tony.fulford » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:43 pm

tony.fulford
Green Belt

makeworldbetter

There are currently NO MONTHLY CHARGES for a Requestor or Provider. Monthly subscription fees will begin July 1, 2008. The PER MINUTE charge that also begins in July is $0.001 PER MINUTE.

Are you saying that a website that cost millions of dollars to develop should not recover its cost and make a little profit. 10% is a small price to pay for staying at home and working.

As far as job quality; At each project/work tasks completion the Requestor either ACCEPTS or REJECTS the Provider's work. The Requestor also RATES the Provider on a scale of 1 - 10 where 10 is excellent. By default the system only allows Providers with a rating of 5 or greater to bid on work. The Requester has QUEUE PREFERENCES for each queue and can change the system default to be a rating value from 1 - 10 for Providers bidding on their work.
I am not here to bash, just hope this system can be better.

You have already BASHED without understanding the system, now why don't you REGISTER and try it while it is FREE and then make some CONSTRUCTIVE comments from an EDUCATED point of view.

Thanks,
Last edited by tony.fulford on Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:43 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

tony.fulford wrote:Are you saying that a website that cost millions of dollars to develop should not recover its cost and make a little profit.

First, it’s hard to believe that site cost millions to build. Even this site, Inventorspot, may cost less than 500K to build. Of course, once a site has tons of users, its value will be different.

Read my post more clearly. I am saying is: that page should do a better job by telling its user, for example: how many providers and requesters already registered and what types of works are common there. Nowaday websites are all trying to advertise themselves on the front page. It’s unreasonable to demand browsers to go layers and layers to find out how good a site is. They just leave and go to next site. Now this Dynamic Outsourcing System site has only a Google page rank 2. And on its first page, it says [b]“website for saleâ€

Postby Michelle » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hi Tony:

I think Make gave you some very valuable feedback.

I would see if you could address his concerns perhaps explaining better on your site or otherwise better showing the value people can get?

I understand the time and effort that went into your product but if not enough people use it, is value is very little.

Perhaps explaining the value proposition better would be helpful to your site?

Michelle

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:24 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

I can see that site become very useful. If it can attract bigger user base.
People in general against fee base web site. Especially for the providers, they have to pay fee before they even make any money. Yet you don't hear me complain about that 10% tax, if one is making money, then it's not that difficult for people to pay a little tax. Our goverment already train us well.

It's good that this site wave the monthly fee for few more month, it would be better if this is permanente deal.

Postby tony.fulford » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:00 am

tony.fulford
Green Belt

makeworldbetter

The Dynamic Outsourcing System (DOS) is very unique among websites on the Internet. I think if you will register and experience the function that is available and the way the function is presented to the users, you will agree that it is different from any other website you have ever seen.

The DOS was four (4) years in development and ran a BETA test from October 2002 until July 2003, at which time it went live. After analyzing the results of the BETA test, I found that over 98% of the work was being won by Providers outside the United States. As a result of that, I disabled the website and have left it disabled until about two (2) weeks ago (almost 5 years). I feel I have now given the American workers ample time to decide to compete with the global community.

The reason there is a per minute charge ($0.001 per minute) is that the system is not static like most other websites. It is constantly performing activities in the background while a user is logged on. Thus, a per minute charge to help defer the cost of the constant system activity while the user is logged on. Not only does it have the constant system activity, but it allows a user to be logged on as two (2) different types of users simultaneously. It allows these 2 user logons to do SESSION SWITCHING between the 2 logons.

There are too many functions provided by the system to go into them here, but just go to the home page and under Registered User Fastpath, select Requester - Manage Projects (you do not have to be logged on). Now, look at the navigation bar on the left side of the screen and scroll down and look at the function that is available to each user type.

To go there now:

You are a very sharp person and I would really appreciate it if you would register and try the system and report back to the user community here.

Thanks,
Next