FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Dump your dental insurance? Cure for Cavities!

Postby SilverNitrate » Tue May 20, 2008 6:56 pm

SilverNitrate
White Belt

I have a chemical mixture that gurantees you'll never get cavities in your teeth due to decay and plaque.
I have been using this concoction for well over 2 years now and last year when I visited the dentist she said my teeth are so clean that she didn't have to do cleaning to them - also said my gum lines which were 4-5mm are now 1-2mm with 3mm being the deepest.
I told her I brush my teeth only once daily, floss maybe once a week or every other week, but I use my own mouth cleaning formula once and twice a week! (she wanted to know what it was) I said its a secret but it does contain peroxide which also whitens teeth too.

Originally I concocted the cleanser for removing hard burnt on grease from stainless steel and glass. then I thought if this can remove the black caked on grime off your pots then this should remove the black inbetween teeth and plaque. Voila! though corrosive to dry skin, but safe if the skin is wet including inside the mouth.

I don't see this product being worthy of your bathroom cabinet, as this is a powerful and dangerous chemicals if handled improperly. But hygenists can do this treatment for clients once or twice a week and takes only 2 minutes! So cheap it is! $5 worth of ingredients can actually do 100 treatments or more.

How about it, if you're young and never had tooth problems, you can actually have healthy teeth well pass your retirement!

Postby minnesotainventor » Wed May 21, 2008 2:53 pm

minnesotainventor
Blue Belt

Sign me up! Let's give that a try!

I will get my whole face wet before attempting...just to be extra safe!

Steve

Postby Average Inventor » Wed May 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

SilverNitrate,

Do you know why it works? Sounds like you should make sure there aren't any bad long term effects from the corrosive substance. You might find that short exposure eats away at plaque and wedged food particles but a longer or more concentrated dose eats away the enamel or may react with emalgum, silver, or gold fillings. Sounds pretty interesting but I highly suggest you research why it does what you claim it does.

Postby lcw_trey » Wed May 21, 2008 3:37 pm

lcw_trey
Yellow Belt

4 out of 5 dentists recommend it, the other one got cancer...

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed May 21, 2008 4:18 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

No way you can pass FDA process yourself. Try to contact some Bio-tech companies to see if they are interesting.

Postby SilverNitrate » Wed May 21, 2008 7:26 pm

SilverNitrate
White Belt

I'm my own self guinnea pig.
This works mainly by oxidizing free carbon, the reason it works on the black grime stuck on pots.

The main potential side effect is tooth sensitivity which may last up to 24-48 hrs after use. This is especially noticed if you hold solution in your mouth too long. Also you will experience teeth sensitivity if you have small (hollows) in the tooth that lead to the nerves. I haven't noticed any effect on the amalgam fillings, provided they are did well, and I haven't noticed sensitivity on teeth that were filled.
My dentist thinks I grit my teeth, I say not but I do chew gum alot, and that may be why some of my teeth look flat. Those flat areas are possible spots where the enamel is worn and the chemicals can reach to the nerve.
I propose a hygenist should do the treatment until the client knows well the technique so one may do preform at home. Also making sure the teeth are well sealed and cavity free. And different people will react differently.
I'd like to see this used in high schools administered by school nurses where at that age the permanent teeth are in and if put into a regular regimine people would have much healthier teeth as they get older.

Postby Average Inventor » Thu May 22, 2008 7:03 am

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

SilverNitrate,

I doesn't seem like you are doing your testing in a very scientific way and I would recommend you doing so if you ever want someone to take the product seriously. If the substance is poisonous if swallowed you have a serious problem and likely you will never get FDA approval for at home use.

The grinding teeth that your dentist refers so is no doubt at night when you sleep which you can fix by getting "night guards" to protect your teeth.

School nurses are there for emergencies only and not for anything routine like you describe so I wouldn't put too much weight in that avenue of dispensing your tooth cleaner.

I'm not trying to be negative I'm just trying to give you my honest impressions and I really do hope you succeed. Good luck!

Postby makeworldbetter » Thu May 22, 2008 9:02 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

SilverNitrate wrote:And different people will react differently.
I'd like to see this used in high schools administered by school nurses where at that age the permanent teeth are in and if put into a regular regimine people would have much healthier teeth as they get older.

That's Human field test right there. Without FDA approval on the test, you are getting yourself and your nurse many friendly invitations to local court house tour send by furious parents. And you may win the prize of a set new orange jumpsuit and a lovely, cozy cell at certain county facility.

Postby SilverNitrate » Sun May 25, 2008 7:20 pm

SilverNitrate
White Belt

I look at this as rather a home remedy and am not seeking a patent, trademark, or FDA approval. But if someone do want to take onto another level, I'll be willing to help out tho.
I was saying that I'd like to see this used on children as a preventitive measure against tooth decay. If I want to try on the general public I'll take to a third-world nation where they'll be happy for anything.
The ingredients are non-toxic in these doses, and are no more of a poison than swallowing a mouthful Listerine.

Postby makeworldbetter » Mon May 26, 2008 7:40 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

What does corrosive to dry skin means?

You want to try anything that goes into a men's mouth in US, you need to go through FDA. This is not begin of last century any more.

Non-toxic? less poison than Listerine? We let FDA decide.
Next