FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

TwistLace: Spreading the word

Postby TWISTLACE » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:24 pm

TWISTLACE
White Belt

Hello everyone in the inventors community, tech scouts, and R&D people.

I am presenting this simple (simple is good) new product with particular appeal to moms and dads of small children.

Thanks, InventorSpot for the opportunity

http://www.twistlace.com
Last edited by TWISTLACE on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:45 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

How do you deal with people who would say you are removing a crucial part of a child's development? I never bought my kids velcro sneakers because I wanted them to learn how to tie a shoelace. It is (in some's opinions) important to reach certain milestones like learning how to tie your shoelaces. Not saying your idea is terrible (it may be better than velcro in certain situations), it might even turn out to be easier for people with disabilities or arthritis to tie, but don't you think you are up against a Goliath of a stubborn market?

Postby thien63 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:06 am

thien63
Yellow Belt

Congratulation ! I like your product. It remind me a guy that I saw on youtube, this guy ties his shoes without using his hands. He standing up and just shaking his shoes for 4 second then it's done. Maybe
you can make a version 2 by using magnetic inside the lace. So you dont' even have to twist or use your hand.
Version 3 even far out, you won't need any shoes laces. You use non-electrical air pump (push by finger ) to increase or decease the air flow to adjust the shoe. Just like sleep number bed. Sorry, my idea always off the wall. I hope you success with your invention.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:45 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I like to give my honest opinion on ideas. I think your idea is a good one, but I think there is hard competition already on the market. Velcro for one. Another is elastic. I'm sure you have seen these. The shoestring is elastic and one continuous piece. It stretches out to put the shoe on, then fits snug after you put your foot in it. No tying, no twisting, no nothing I have experience with the latter, and I really like them. I could see a product like yours doing good with a teenage fad. Maybe add some other accessory to go with it that the competition cannot do without your twist laces.

Regards,
MO

I thought of something that I don't think any other product could easily do, but yours has a unique capability. I can private message you on it if you would like. It may be something you already thought about or do.

Postby Michelle » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Cool product idea. Did you want to submit it for consideration to add to our invention gallery?

http://inventorspot.com/inventions/gallery

Michelle

Thanks for feedback

Postby TWISTLACE » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:09 am

TWISTLACE
White Belt

Thank you guys.

Michelle, thanks for info. I already listed to gallery.

Mojo, feel free to e-mail to luisjrodriguez@aol.com

Thanks again

Postby TWISTLACE » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 pm

TWISTLACE
White Belt

Michelle wrote:Cool product idea. Did you want to submit it for consideration to add to our invention gallery?

http://inventorspot.com/inventions/gallery

Michelle

Txs. Michelle. I already submitted and provided a link to InventorSpot.com on my site.

However, when I sign in here there's a link to "Unpublished Content", referring to my submission to the gallery, which suggests that it has not been published.

Please advice. Thanks again

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

This is certainly a good idea and has its market. It's not going to replace current shoe laces since simple shoe lace is still the best way to control how to distribute binding force. There are near a hundred method to hole the shoe laces for different applications. And if you have a metal wire in the middle of a lace, that's not going to be good for that purpose (it won't slide through hole easy)

But there are huge market for fast fasten shoes, and your idea certainly should share a piece of pie.

Oh, BTW did you try to go through airport security with those shoes? US is the only country I know that you need to take shoes off, other countries let you keep them. Do your lace has problem with the metal detector?

Postby TWISTLACE » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:28 am

TWISTLACE
White Belt

makeworldbetter wrote:Oh, BTW did you try to go through airport security with those shoes? US is the only country I know that you need to take shoes off, other countries let you keep them. Do your lace has problem with the metal detector?

Hi, Makeworldbetter:

Thanks for your input. Practically all shoes/sandals have at least one metal component. Eyelets, buckles, zippers, heal covers, nails, etc. There are some (women's) shoes/sandals that are essentially made of weeded metal. Many have little decorative chains.

Anyway, as you indicated shoes are removed for scanning. So the issue is moot.

Thanks again

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:18 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

It's not only the amount of metal, sometime the length of it may trigger. I suggest you try it by carrying a pair of shoelace with you next you go through a gate.

As I said, there are still many countries don't require remove shoes. And US regulation may change one day. Who said we can't change back the way we were. Yes, we can!
Next