FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby williamross7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:13 am

williamross7
White Belt

TWISTLACE wrote:
makeworldbetter wrote:Oh, BTW did you try to go through airport security with those shoes? US is the only country I know that you need to take shoes off, other countries let you keep them. Do your lace has problem with the metal detector?

Hi, Makeworldbetter:

Thanks for your input. Practically all shoes/sandals have at least one metal component. Eyelets, buckles, zippers, heal covers, nails, etc. There are some (women's) shoes/sandals that are essentially made of weeded metal. Many have little decorative chains.

Anyway, as you indicated shoes are removed for scanning. So the issue is moot.

Thanks again

Great invention... I would truly try to get involved with some shoe manufacturers for this...I hate it when my shoes become untied...kudos "Why didn't I think of that!", just as you said. DO NOT LET THE CYNICAL PEOPLE KNOCK YOU DOWN! The wire coat-hanger was another invention that was drilled by many people, I think that guy made his million!

Postby TWISTLACE » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 pm

TWISTLACE
White Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:How do you deal with people who would say you are removing a crucial part of a child's development? I never bought my kids velcro sneakers because I wanted them to learn how to tie a shoelace. It is (in some's opinions) important to reach certain milestones like learning how to tie your shoelaces. Not saying your idea is terrible (it may be better than velcro in certain situations), it might even turn out to be easier for people with disabilities or arthritis to tie, but don't you think you are up against a Goliath of a stubborn market?

Hi, Bottleslingguy.

I don't deal with that.

Anybody who feels that way should stay with shoelaces at least until that apparently crucial milestone is achieved.

Then the kid (or adult) may be promoted to the practical, easy system that doesn't require repeated re-tying of dirty laces (They do get disgustingly dirty and wet when they come untied and stepped on)

Thanks

Postby TWISTLACE » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 pm

TWISTLACE
White Belt

Great invention... I would truly try to get involved with some shoe manufacturers for this...I hate it when my shoes become untied...kudos "Why didn't I think of that!", just as you said. DO NOT LET THE CYNICAL PEOPLE KNOCK YOU DOWN! The wire coat-hanger was another invention that was drilled by many people, I think that guy made his million!

Thanks! If you have any leads, pls, let me know, Thanks again

Postby williamross7 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 pm

williamross7
White Belt

TWISTLACE wrote:

Thanks! If you have any leads, pls, let me know, Thanks again

I would start with local School sports teams where an untied shoelace could cost the win...after that on to Korean and Mexican manufacturers...With that patent pending, even if they steal your idea and import them into the USA, it opens them up to major lawsuit. Perhaps you could get a deal with Payless or the Athletes foot for Kiosk style displays...it is time to work the telephone!
Previous