FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

invention #12: Solwind power- where solar and wind join as 1

Postby thien63 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:12 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

Why people only produce either solar or wind power. Why not cover the windmill blades with solar thin film to produce more energy. Another good application is for sail boat fuse sail with thin solar lay in horizontal so it's easy to fold the sail and gain energy to power electric motor or for other use. Many other applications can use this idea to improve more energy.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Unless someone comes out the solar panel technology, a boat use such a sail would be top heavy and maybe capsize easy

Postby thien63 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:37 am

thien63
Yellow Belt

I had this idea about 4 years ago, Technology wasn't here yet. No one have made the solar thin film yet, However some company already release now , just do the search here are couple that i found. I'm pretty sure there are more company too

http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2008/03 ... record.php

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:43 am

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

If you image something but don't know how to made it happen. It's hardly to be called as your invention. I am pretty sure I have read this one somewhere is a SF novel.

Wait, even right on this site. there was a boat with sail/solar panel as assistance, not major power. I remember seeing its photo.

Postby thien63 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:44 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

IDEAS IS MORE POWERFUL THAN KNOWLEDGE BY FAR. I don't need to know how to build anything but I always can hire expert in their fields to make it. Why, because they do a lot lot better than me by far, life too short for going to school, Imagine , If i have to go school just to built some thing from my ideas. Plus, you would be missing too many opportunities while busy going to school. I would not get anywhere except maybe 1 or 2 products. SCHOOL ONLY PREPARE YOU TO BECOME A WORKER. Don't get me wrong that you don't need school. School need to overhaul the system.

99% of all the CEO don't know how to build or even know their own product yet their wages in the millions, mean while the guy with KNOWLEDGE busy building the product get a minimum wages. Do you think Steve Jobs know how to build Iphone ?

Get back to the sail boat, If I want to build the solar sail boat. I would order the solar film with inner strong fabric, find a company that build sail boat in Vietnam and have put it together. You have hi tech materials in US, You have a cheap labor in Vietnam. Put two together, you can't go wrong. Can you imagine I'm try to make solar thin film, not in a millions years. I get a rush out of get a new ideas and solving it than do all the hard works and years of research.

NEW PRODUCT= PRODUCT A + PRODUCT B

I like you ( makeworldbetter) because you are the only one really ask. I rather hangout with you than a silent friend. Because we can learn from each other. Thanks again.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:10 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

your ability to make product happen and market it is very strong. However, to be an inventor, you also need few skills. Search is definitely one of them. Application protection is another one. Maybe I can help you in that area and you can help me in others.

BTW this is a link to the solar sailboat I mention. http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1046/83/

it was also here on this site before but I can't find it.

Postby thien63 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

I have this idea 4 years ago, but the technology for solar film wasn't exist yet. Deep down , I know someday they will exist. Just like many invention that I had 4 years ago. Either the technology wasn't there, material still expensive, component is not small enough.....

Back then I'm was working on smaller sailboat. Because Vietnam have many river and beaches. It's a lot less investment to build a small boat than the one you show me. Cheaper boat so you can attract more customers. How many people do you think can afford that big boat. Plus I don't have that kind of money

less investment+cheaper product= more customer+ less risk
if this fail , I still have money and trying something else than big investment.