FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800

Postby Patent_Attorney » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:02 pm

Patent_Attorney
Green Belt

Hello

I am offering a special until March 31, 2009. I will PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800 (not including filing fees or formal drawings).

This is a savings only to those on the Inventorspot website and a saving of $1000 and nearly 75% off of a regular lawfirm price.

Any questions go to http://www.freewebs.com/patent-invention/.

Be sure to mention this post to get the $1000 discount.

Re: PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800

Postby williamross7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 am

williamross7
White Belt

Patent_Attorney wrote:Hello

I am offering a special until March 31, 2009. I will PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800 (not including filing fees or formal drawings).

This is a savings only to those on the Inventorspot website and a saving of $1000 and nearly 75% off of a regular lawfirm price.

But will you patent search? How many Patents have you succeeded in securing? What is the average paperwork "update level". "Refiling"? How broad?

Re: PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800

Postby Patent_Attorney » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 am

Patent_Attorney
Green Belt

williamross7 wrote:
Patent_Attorney wrote:Hello

But will you patent search? How many Patents have you succeeded in securing? What is the average paperwork "update level". "Refiling"? How broad?

Search costs $500. You decide if you want a search and pay for it or none will be performed. This should have been done prior to any decision to file a patent application as a matter of good due dillagence.

Any search provided by the inventor will be used in drafting the claims to overcome any prior art and will be filed in an IDS with the application as required by the USPTO.

The number of patents secured is a false indicator of success as a claims drafter. A super narrow set of claims can have near 100% patent success, but are near worthless claims. A claim with 3 elements may need an appeal brief to succeed where the addition of 15 more elements would acheive a first office action allowance with useless claims.

I have done mostly corporate work in the past in crowded fields yeilding about 35%-45% patents. Most corporate strategies are to go for the broadest possible patent claims and when infringement occurs file a separate continuation with narrow claims directed toward the infringer while keeping the broader parent alive.

I prepare three independent claims varying in scope and let the inventor determine whether to pursue broad claims or issue with narrower claims.

The cost for refiling any required documents or error corrections are included in the price.

Office actions, continuations and appeal briefs are not included in the cost of filing an application.

Hope this answers your questions

Postby williamross7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 am

williamross7
White Belt

Thanks, Just thought I would drag out some of the more important details...

Postby StephenKey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:32 am

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Sounds like a great deal, but I would recommend before you file a patent, do a little homework yourself, determine if you have a new idea ,determine if there's a need for your invention. I have heard, that 97% of all patents never make dime!Maybe filing a PPA would be a better idea.

Postby williamross7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:54 pm

williamross7
White Belt

The PPA is only good for a year, even with a well engineered idea, if you can't reach that year deadline...you just gave your product to the public domain...

Postby Patent_Attorney » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Patent_Attorney
Green Belt

StephenKey wrote:Sounds like a great deal, but I would recommend before you file a patent, do a little homework yourself, determine if you have a new idea ,determine if there's a need for your invention. I have heard, that 97% of all patents never make dime!Maybe filing a PPA would be a better idea.

If a company patents their own product or patents a product that could be used to design around a current product it has made money by preventing lost sales. That 97% number is very misleading as many times a patent is used as a sheild to extend the life of a current product by preventing competitiors from selling improvements.

If a large company blankets the landscape with patents and you license with them essentially they may be covered by dozens of patents that will nto be used against them even if they are only technically licensed under one.

Postby StephenKey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:53 pm

StephenKey
Blue Belt

Most inventors let fear guide them. I have licensed over 20 products the last 25 years many with no patents at all. I found that if you do your homework, determine if your ideas marketable before you spend those dollars on a patent, it's time well spent. Most inventors after spending thousands of dollars on a patent all they can show for it is a plaque on the wall. A PPA gives you that one year to determine if your ideas are marketable.

Postby williamross7 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:03 pm

williamross7
White Belt

Someone is a lawyer .....

Postby StephenKey » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:36 pm

StephenKey
Blue Belt

It's not me.
Next