FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Levi Porter » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

No problem thien63.

Please note, these are just my thoughts. Use your own judgment and instinct when doing any of this.

Well, if it was me, a good first thing to do with every invention, is try to take a step back, and look at it from a third party impartial view, or try to think about what your manufactures and end customers will think.

Make sure it's novel, unique, and marketable. Try to understand cost realisms from the drawing board through actual customer. This includes costs of manufacturing, retail price, profits, etc.

Then, if it passes the initial tests, I would do the diagrams / animations. File a PPA.

I would then research potential manufactures, digging to find out which ones have worked with individuals or small entities. Try to determine friendliness, which ones seem like they would be a good fit. If the invention wasn't too outrageously expensive for manufacturers to prototype, I would seriously consider looking into smaller auto manufacturers, as they may be equally interested as the big boys, but more inclined to work with an individual or small entity.

Then, I would use Stephen Key's advice, and contact the sales or marketing people in the company or companies that I think might be interested. When it come to this, everyones approach is different, and I am in by no means an expert, so please just remember these are only my thoughts.

Keep it simple and direct. Like asking if they have, or plan on developing revolutionary, space saving, new and exciting, (fill in the blanks add the good stuff without giving it away), then if they nibble, explain that I have a unique / patent pending design that they might be interested in.

When it comes to an NDA, it's kind of a heated topic. I like the old school, “your word is your honorâ€

Postby Patent_Attorney » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:11 am

Patent_Attorney
Green Belt

With all that said I will PREPARE AND FILE A PATENT FOR $1800 (not including filing fees or formal drawings).

This is a savings only to those on the Inventorspot website and a saving of $1000 and nearly 75% off of a regular lawfirm price.

Any questions go to http://www.freewebs.com/patent-invention/.

Be sure to mention this post to get the $1000 discount.

Remeber. This deal ends on March 31, 2009.
Previous