FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

invention #14: AC Helmet power by water

Postby thien63 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

I was in Vietnam in the summer of 2004, I was sweating like a pig, especially wearing the helmet riding the motor bike ride. So I wish that I can cool down my head, that how I get the idea to come up the AC helmet. The helmet works just like your body. Your body sweating when it's hot. By cooling you drink the water. This AC helmet is also using water. too. When the hot sun heat up the helmet, the heat is remove inner helmet and release the heat by evaporation through the vents so it keep your head cool around 45 degree. This AC helmet can use in hot climate Africa, Asia...

This helmet not only protect your head, but also cool down your hot head just from the power of the sun and water.

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:03 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

How do you deal with the extra weight? It's got to be heavy.

Postby thien63 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:03 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

You only use half litter of water just to soak up the sponge. I don't know this product will sell here in USA. But I know that I can sell this helmet such place as China, Vietnam, India.... The price will be $60 though

Use this method for many other products such as picnic cooler, Dog's house.. Maybe even AC clothing, AC blanket, I have to do further testing since it's been awhile that I didn't continue research on it.

Postby thien63 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:06 pm

thien63
Yellow Belt

I think it will works with electric car, it won't use any electricity but the trade off is some added weight. The temperature for the car in the range about 75 degrees due to glasses and bigger space when parking. It will lower the temperature if using sun shade and tinted window.

Postby williamross7 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:28 pm

williamross7
White Belt

Simple, technology is great, pampered soldiers tend to forget they are at war. Helmets are now Kevlar and Much lighter.