FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Working with my sell sheet!

Postby sernas79 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:16 pm

sernas79
White Belt

Hello everyone I'm working with my sell sheet any comments or advices would be appreciate it.

Thanks.
Attachments
green roller.jpg

Re: Working with my sell sheet!

Postby Roger Brown » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Roger Brown
Black Belt

First, have you checked to see if your product is already on the market or if better solutions exist?
Check these links they seem to make similar claims

http://www.eco-roller.com/products.htm

http://www.thepaintstore.com/Wooster_EC ... /rr708.htm
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby sernas79 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:29 am

sernas79
White Belt

thanks, Roger for the links, I was looking in USPTO patents and I didn't find nothing similar, but anyway the closer one to mine is the ECO-ROLLER but I still thinking my product could be manufactured with less cost, diferent materials and easy to use, with that diferences do you think I could still working on it?

Thanks,

Postby Roger Brown » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:57 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

sernas79, I am not telling you to stop. I am suggesting you do a thorough search for your idea before putting a lot of money into it. I found the links above doing a two minute search. You need to spend more time on researching it than I did. go to google.com/patents or freepatentsonline.com and there are others that you can use that are user friendly. Keep checking on the patent office website. Go to gun safety sites, catalogs and do searches. This is the part of inventing most Inventors don't do a very good job or don't do at all because it is boring and labor intensive. The research you do upfront will save you money in the long run.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby jackbnimble56 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 am

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

sernas

I'm not going to comment on whether your product is viable or not but just on the sell sheet itself and its apparent claims. Some of the things I'm pointing out are rather trivial, others are not.

Starting right at the top, I'm not sure what the purpose is for the lettering that's appears to be deliberately crooked. I also don't understand why the words "paint roller covers" are not capitalized like the rest of the words. In addition, I'm not sure I get the idea behind the two-colored text.

Moving down, the sentence "In today's world (comma missing) painting and changing room colors is a never ending process." Is it really? I'm not sure that's what you really want to be saying. You may want to give that some more thought.

The second line, "Introducing the Green Roller with stockings paint roller covers," the green and yellow text doesn't seem to be helping. Perhaps it would work better if the yellow text were green.

With the next three lines, I think you have issues with syntax, pluralization and punctuation. Does it really save "everyone" time? What about professional painters who might be inclined to use paint guns that run on compressed air? You need to give a lot more thought about what you're really trying to convey and how best to phrase it. In addition, the word "dificult" is incorrectly spelled. That's something you NEVER want to see on the label of a commercial product.

Is this product truly "Patent Pending"? As I understand it, to be able to put that phrase on one's labeling you must have actually filed a patent with the USPTO. You simply can't say that if it's not true:

http://inventors.about.com/od/definatio ... ending.htm

If I were pitching this product to a prospective licensee, I would expect them to ask things like "Why is it easy to use? How is it easy to clean? How does it save time and money? If you don't have answers to those questions right at your fingertips, you may want to think over those claims.

It's really not very apparent how the stocking covers work and what they're made of that's an alternative to plastic or PVC. From the image, they appear to be made of something like terry cloth. Do I have that right? Are they rolled up and bound by some strap or band? It's very difficult to see what they consist of.

Lastly, I think you have to be REALLY careful when trying to define any product as being "green". It really begs the question "What, exactly, makes it "greener" than products that are already out there? Is that even you strongest selling point? It would seem to take a back seat to saving time and money for most people. Assuming you can make the green case for this product, I really like the "Reduce Your Waste Line" image.

I hope you don't find what I'm saying overly critical. I'm just giving you my quick impressions of the sell sheet you've provided. That doesn't mean that the product couldn't be viable even if it isn't patentable because of competing products that may already exist on the market. If you truly have created a "better mousetrap" there's certainly a chance people will want to buy it. Good luck!

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby sernas79 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

sernas79
White Belt

Thanks Jack,
For your comments that way I post it here, to get some advices,
I'm still working on it, I'm trying to add some pics on how works, and a link to a video where shows how works too.

Is this product truly "Patent Pending"? As I understand it, to be able to put that phrase on one's labeling you must have actually filed a patent with the USPTO. You simply can't say that if it's not true:

About the patent pending I filed a two different patents, one for the "Green Roller" and other one for the "Stockings roller covers" , about that I don't know if is ok to put the patent pending number on the side but last time I did
SCRUP told me was not necessary, anyway I hope to get more info at this forum, I really appreciate it all your comments.

Thanks,

Postby jackbnimble56 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:34 pm

jackbnimble56
Brown Belt

sernas

Scrup is completely correct, you really don't need to put the patent pending phrase on your labeling as it really doesn't discourage anyone from infringing if they're determined to do so. I just wanted to be sure that you understood that you can't put it on if it isn't true.

Jack
Nimble Jack Enterprises - Innovative Solutions to Everyday Problems
To purchase the Magic Toob product visit: http://www.magictoob.com/

Postby Scrupulous » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

Obed, I'm not sure I understand what the stockings are.

Could you explain that, please? Do you use 3 at one time?

I'm Ken Campbell, a registered US patent practitioner at the Affordable Patent Service.

As a forum moderator, though, any input I provide should be considered general information, and not legal advice. The ideas I express are not necessarily the opinions of InventorSpot.com or its affiliates. In general, any action taken as a result of information, analysis, or advice from any forum members on this site is ultimately the user's responsibility.

Postby sernas79 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:26 pm

sernas79
White Belt

Thanks for the reply Scrup, Well I have to upload the video where shows how works, but I didn't have it yet I have to re-edit it.

Could you explain that, please? Do you use 3 at one time?

the 3 stockings on the pic is just the presentation, the roller frame came with 3 paint roller covers to use (Stockings) but works just with one at one time.

Postby VAL2 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:34 am

VAL2
White Belt

I don't really post much but this is something I can weigh in on. I agree with everything written already and won't harp on the same things.
You have to imagine no one has ever seen your idea before (because they haven't)

If I'm going to give advice to a sell sheet or a video I would say go and look at information items that don't leave anything to chance. For example, the brochure that shows you how to exit a plane. They assume nothing from their audience. You can understand everything you need to know just by glancing over the set of images.

A series of images showing how the thing is put onto the roller would answer most questions. plus the images are easily understood where as if there are too many words people stop reading.

I would also go look at the biodegradable plastic products (e.g. those bags that pick up dog crap) and how they explain to the buyer what makes them green.

maybe that helps.

Val
Next