FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby Michelle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:16 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Theae are just my opinions:

Licensing fees do vary greatly, but typically, inventors get about 3-5% for their invention idea, unless it's been fully developed, etc.

Not sure what they would be in your industry and what the economics of your product are, but I thought a hard number would help you with a basis to work from.

Unless your busines partner is an international company that can handle intrenational distribution etc, it woulf be better to chop up rights in most cases and not give away all rights worldwide, especially to a company that could not take full advantage o them.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:57 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Hi Bilbo.

I use a plunger a lot in my line of work. If the plunger doesn't clear the clog you should use a hand auger. If not that, you can pull the toilet from the floor and flip it upside down (of course that's after draining all the water, I'm not THAT stupid). I've found some weird things in toilets- make-up compacts, carved wooden elephant, toilet paper holder thingy with the spring inside it, spongey foam rubber letters (used in tub with little kids to play with), medicine bottles among other things.

I use a type of accordian plunger when I'm plunging. In this design the nozzle of the plunger fits directly inside the discharge opening of the bowl and once full of water the accordian action drives a large volume of water. They are very effective but can hold unpleasant residue on the inside folds of the accordian part.

I found, once the toilet bowl water is clear and working correctly, you should expell the clean water a few times to clear any chunks from staying inside the folds of the plunger. I suggest to tenants they keep the clean plunger standing in a plastic bowl under the bathroom sink. You can periodically spray the plunger with bathroom cleaner just in case. It's good to keep them clean.

You mentioned your invention folded for storage convenience. How do you suggest users keep it clean? And is the plunger a type of accordian? If not, I would be interested in seeing a design that is more efficient.

I don't mean to make such a seemingly bad first impression, but I take my toilet plungers very seriously. :) cheers :lol:

Postby MattB » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:18 am

MattB
White Belt

HI Bilbo,

I spent years selling and licensing patents and inventions for inventors. The trick, I feel, is to get someone interested in your "great idea" and push off talking numbers until you have them committed.

Once they've spent so much time, they will feel like it would be a waste of their time not to come out without a signed K (lose face). At that point, you can talk numbers. I also recommend that you do not sign anything until consulting with a professional, someone with experience, or an experienced attorney.

Good Luck!
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby Road Show » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:34 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Great post, Matt. I tend to think the way you do. The dollar signs in the eyes of the independent inventor can be the biggest "turn off" to a manufacturing partner. It's as if the inventor is saying "here, you guys do all the hard work, just mail MY check to my new home in the Bahama's every month!" :roll:

RSG

Postby Bilbo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:16 pm

Bilbo
White Belt

Hi all
Thanks for the great advice- it is really appreciated.
I know someone who will negotiate a deal for me and write a contract between myself and any company for a nominal fee.

Bottle Sling guy- thanks for the advice, but i'm not stupid either as I will only be applying for a patent in countries in the Northern Hemisphere- you only have to look at the countries in the southern Hemisphere on a globe to realise that their toilets must be upside down !!!!

I still don't understand why penguins don't fall off the bottom of the World, Their feet must freeze to the ice!

But seriously BSG, I hope to be able to show you the design but will wait to tie up a deal and start manufacturing.
Thanks again

Postby bonnie0715 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 pm

bonnie0715
White Belt

Toliet and bathroom items and accessory resouce in shower-manufacturer.com.
Previous