FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Postby teesee » Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:46 pm

teesee
White Belt

Thanks, Michelle. I would like to know the next step to take in getting my product "out there." I created a feminine hygiene-type product and manufacture it myself (it's very simple and cheap to make), have it packaged, and its ready for the shelf (I think). Currently my product is being sold at two Curves For Women gyms here in Whittier. Some have sold already and women usually "rave" about it; however, I'm so bogged down with my "day job" that I really don't have the time (or the energy!) to market it as I should. Also, I have not much money to spare, just a credit card. But I really believe in it; it's a healing product and I have a patent pending (currently an attorney is preparing the patent search and application).

So, any suggestions, comments, h-e-l-p out there?

Many thanks and blessings to all!

Theresa

P.S. Has anyone gotten help, feedback or inspiration from Barbara Carey, who created the Hairagami? I just sent away for her free offer (book, tool kit and trial newsletter). I'd be very interested to know!

Barbara Carey

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Barbara Carey just wrote an article for us last week. Here's her article:

Simple Secrets to Success
http://www.americaninventorspot.com/sim ... to_success

We are also doing a series of interviews with her to be published next week. I think you may find those helpful.

She is also sponsoring a small ad on our site so if you are interested in her program, people can find it on the ride side column on most pages on the site.

I personally have not reviewed her system, but she is highly respected in the industry and is a very successful inventor.

I'd love to hear some detailed feedback on her materials.

Michelle

Response From Oprah/QVC

Postby teesee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:23 pm

teesee
White Belt

Well, I got my "Dear Jane" from QVC. I wasn't even close. :( Does anyone ever really win one of these, and if so, can anyone tell me what happened afterward?

I'm not bitter at all; congratulations to all the winners! (I just have my work cut out for me.)

Theresa :wink:

Got My Letter Too

Postby The Prrez » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:46 pm

The Prrez
White Belt

:evil: Just letting you know that I received my Dear John letter also. I'm interested to see who the winners are. I'm sure that everyone thinks that ther product is the greatest, but only a few could win. I don't understand how one person can determine whether your product is good or not though.

Well good luck to everyone out there on your projects. We are launching our infomercial the week of May 7th. It will air nationally on cable such as the Style Network and Biography Channel, and also on Fashion & Style and the Shop Channels (Dish Network). Regional channels will be in Chicago, New Yok, LA, Philadelphia, and 8 other smaller markets. Let me know if you happen to see it.

Since I've been working on this project for almost two years, I've acquired a lot of knowledge and contacts about marketing and distribution. I would love to share ideas with you all.

Meanwhile, keep on truckin:!:

Postby Average Inventor » Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:59 pm

Average Inventor
Brown Belt

The Prrez,

Did you consider posting your infomercial on youtube? Also if you post it there I'm sure Michelle will put it on the front page to let everyone know we have another inventor who is making things happen. Lastly please let us know how the infomercial company works out and if all goes well it would be nice if you would list them as a reference in our recommended list.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't make the Opera show :(

Infomercial On You Tube

Postby The Prrez » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:42 pm

The Prrez
White Belt

The infomercial is posted on YouTube, but only 3 minutes and 36 seconds worth. I will let you know how it all works out. Though the infomercial company that we worked with did an adequate job, we were not totally happy with their level of service. Therefore, I'm not sure if I would recommend them. They did a deal with Black & Decker, but their attention to our project was less than stellar.

Search hairbrush on YouTube.com and check out the infomercial. I believe it's the 3rd or 4th video when you scroll down. "The Altimus Hairbrush". :)

Clarification on QVC Letter

Postby poofdrops » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:09 pm

poofdrops
White Belt

My business partner and I went to the LA Oprah QVC open call and have not heard anything yet. We are very anxious to get a response, either way. Did you receive your letters via e-mail? Was there some sort of ranking? thanks!

www.poofdrops.com

Postby teesee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:56 pm

teesee
White Belt

Hi Poofdrops and Prezz and everybody:

I was emailed from QVC/Oprah with no rating, just your standard form email! I don't see how they could've rated ours objectively anyhow as the girl who came over to chat with us (hardly more than 20) was completely uninterested in us (two middle-agers) and our product (for large-breasted women). She had buds herself! Anyway, she just took a few notes and went away. I'll never, never do something like that again. Never! No sour grapes, really; but the number it can do on your self confidence is too costly, and I'm determined not to let it rob me of mine. This, to me, was more like a "get rich quick" scheme; maybe you can (and I'm sure there are some who do) but more likely products that make it do so because it took years of hard work and diligent perseverance. Anyway, I'm not giving up. Why? And let someone else "think of the idea" later on down the road and succeed with it? Uh-uh. I'm paying for that patent. This baby is mine! :wink:

I'd still like to hear from anyone who won, though. I hate your guts :evil: (not really :roll: ) but I wish you the very best. Go get 'em!

Theresa

Postby teesee » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:59 pm

teesee
White Belt

By the way, Prezz, I would love to take you up on that offer of any advice, tips, or information you can give about marketing one's product and getting it on the shelves. Please, do tell! You can PM me privately if you like.

BTW, your hairbrush is terrific! How did you start out with them, did you approach salons?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Theresa :)

Product Inquiry?

Postby The Prrez » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:19 am

The Prrez
White Belt

Hey Teesee,

I would be glad to give you some advice, suggestions and ideas. What kind of product(s) are you selling? We have not focused on getting our product on the shelves as of yet. We are concentrating on building an internet presence and generating a great deal of sales before targeting the retail market. Direct to consumer marketing such as DRTV will help us to accomplish that goal as well as affiliate marketing. There are companies out there that will direct customers to your web site in exchange for a percentage of profits. Let me know your specific goals and I will provide some opportunities and ideas that could help your cause.

Regards,

The Prrez :wink:
PreviousNext