FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Be the creator of Peugeot or Lego's new marketing campaign!

Postby BootB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:10 am

BootB
White Belt

Hello guys,

I've noticed that there are some incredibly creative people around here. I thought it was probably a good idea to introduce you to a relatively new marketing invention, in which the person behind the very first idea of a campaign is paid like he should, which is not usually the case.

The website is BootB.com. Have a look :)

BootB is a website that gives talent, regardless of age or language, what they deserve. You could be the creator of the newest marketing campaign for Peugeot, Disney or Lego, for example! Needless to say, these huge companies pay very well. Anyone can sign up on the website, it's completely free. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me!

Regards,

Richard

I am a BootB official. Please verify this posting at http://validate.webrepassociates.com and enter code: vec63nztq

Postby mojo62 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:40 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Sounds nice, I'll look at it.

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:10 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Please report back on what you think about it?

Postby MattB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:21 am

MattB
White Belt

It appears to focus more on art, creativity and color over what I might term as invention (mechanical solutions, electric circuits, chemistry, etc.).

See 35 USC 101.
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby mojo62 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:25 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I read the agreement very quickly, these things tend to bore me. Everything that sounds good always has a catch!

I will give these other guys and gals time to read it and let them do the slamming. :wink:

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am

Michelle
Black Belt

MattB wrote:It appears to focus more on art, creativity and color over what I might term as invention (mechanical solutions, electric circuits, chemistry, etc.).

See 35 USC 101.

I like to think that our community include out of the box thinkers and not just just core "inventors". Well, at least the broader site is about creative thinking in the broader sense.

Postby mojo62 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Hey Matt,
How about reading the fine print and give us your take take on that? And, yes Michelle, I know there are some very multi-talented people that routinely visit I-Spot that would be very interested in something like this, as long as it is legit.

Postby MattB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:06 am

MattB
White Belt

By "fine print", I assume you mean their "Legal Documents" such as Terms and Conditions.

I posted below some of the most telling excerpts for your concern. It's pretty much all boilerplate and very thorough. BTW, they also have a "forum selection clause" ;-). viewtopic.php?t=931&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Looks good on this end in general nothing blatantly unfair. Should you want a personal opinion, please ask.

3.10 By posting or submitting content, creative work, ideas, any intellectual property or information on the Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to BootBe a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable right to display such content on the Website.

5.2 Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Website must always be acknowledged.

5.3 You must not use any part of the materials on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.

7.5 BootBe may access, preserve, and disclose the contents of your account if required to do so by law, or in the belief that such actions are reasonably necessary to comply with legal requirements or to protect the rights, property or safety of BootBe, our users, or others.
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby mojo62 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I'd like to see comments on what others think about this type of "fine print".

We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information for system administration and to prepare aggregated report for our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.

We log IP addresses for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. This information gives us an idea of which parts of the Website users are visiting and allows us to improve our Website and delivery a better and more personalized service. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session may be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.

We may store and obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, the Website may not function properly and you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse cookies, our system will issue cookies when you log on to our Website or do other actions on the site that will require storing general information related to BootB.com on your computer for further use.

Postby mojo62 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:05 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Looks good on this end in general nothing blatantly unfair. Should you want a personal opinion, please ask.

MattB,
So, your giving me your professional opinion and offering your personal opinion? :?

If so, could your professional opinion and your personal opinion vary? :?
Next