FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby MattB » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:20 pm

MattB
White Belt

Dear mojo62,

That is my professional opinion and my personal opinion.

If you want a "personalized" response, such as "if I do this..." or "can they do that...", please ask.

Sorry for the miscommunication, please take my post on its face.

Matt
Matthew L. Bycer<br /> Registered Patent Attorney<br /> http://www.bycer.com

Postby DSlackman » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:55 pm

DSlackman
Green Belt

Companies like Bootb & NineSigma act as intermediaries between people who need solutions and people who can create solutions.

NineSigma ( http://ninesigma.com/ ) is more technology oriented, so may be applicable to a different subset of the InventorSpot community.

D

Inventors Create the Future

Postby Levi Porter » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 pm

Levi Porter
Brown Belt

mojo62 wrote:I'd like to see comments on what others think about this type of "fine print".

We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information for system administration and to prepare aggregated report for our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.

We log IP addresses for system administration purposes. IP addresses are logged to track details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. This information gives us an idea of which parts of the Website users are visiting and allows us to improve our Website and delivery a better and more personalized service. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This means that a user’s session may be tracked, but the user will be anonymous.

We may store and obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, the Website may not function properly and you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse cookies, our system will issue cookies when you log on to our Website or do other actions on the site that will require storing general information related to BootB.com on your computer for further use.

To me, this sounds a little more than just using your activity to see how they can improve their site. Cookies are common, and generally not a threat, but the way they say you have to store "general information related to BootB.com on your computer for further use" looks bad, but it may only mean that if you disable cookies, you'll have to log in with a password.

The logging of IP addresses, browser, and resolution of your monitor are typical.

I would guess that spam related advertisements are at work, or at least easily distributed emails that can be annoying.

I really shouldn't comment too much, as I have yet to see the site.

Postby Michelle » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:49 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

I think we have similar cookie disclaimers on our site.

I think most of the time, they are everywhere. and they help you log in, go to your favorite sites, etc. and usually are pretty harmless. Advertisers have them, etc.

Just make sure to clean out your cookies and cache regularly.

M

Postby Contextion » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

I think this site will work well if Bootb will show the contestants which advertisement won so everyone can be assured their idea will not be copied. The ideas should also be time stamped so the 1st to invent will retain the rights.

Did anyone catch what is happening Jan. 1st 2008 - I was unable to understand what the guy said?

Postby BootB » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:03 am

BootB
White Belt

Hey,

I understand that it may seem to you as being too good to be true, but I assure you that BootB is 100% legit!

Here is an interesting video that explains some more details about BootB.

All the ideas that are submitted go inside the "box" that belongs to the brief. The only people that can then access the ideas are the brand owners. The BootB registration policy also includes a legally binding contract that makes the creator sole owner of his or her idea, until it is actually bought by a brand. That means that no one can run off with your idea unless you get paid! The website is also SSL secured, so there isn't any chance of people snooping in on your ideas while you are typing them :)

If you have any more questions, just let me know :)

Regards,

Richard

I am a BootB official. Verify this posting at http://validate.webrepassociates.com and enter code: v3q3va08e
Previous