FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Tell me a joke...maybe?

Postby Michelle » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:45 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Hellooo... just looking for someone to send me a joke or something.

Ok, I'll start...favorite websites other than of course yours truly.

Me...too many to count and list.

Right now, I am loving zillow.com. It's a really cool website for checking on hourse.

I also just recently discovered thisnext.com, which is a website where people can post up stuff they like. It's pretty cool.

Ok, will someone please start a conversation with me? I feel like a lonely girl standing around at the party, hoping someone will ask her to dance.
:roll:

My son pisses me off.

Postby Work2XL » Tue May 01, 2007 11:26 am

Work2XL
Blue Belt

Last night I was reading over this web site when my son came up and asked what I was doing. He's 12. I told him, and he gave me long look then said, "I can't want till I'm older so I can come up with an invention and be rich." I said "why does you have to wait till your older." He walked over and sat on the couch for about 2 min and said " What if you had something the connected to an Ipod that did ..... That would be pretty cool right." I said yeah, but to do it you'd need a software change on the ipod, and then you'd need a way to add hardware plugged in that did this, that wouldn't drain the battery too fast." I said it's a great idea, but I'm not sure how much it would cost to make. But don't give up, write it down to do more research on it. Just because I dont' know how to do it cheaply, doesn't mean it can't be done either now or next year." He smiled and sat back down. About 5 seconds later, he popped back up and said, "OK, what if you took a football, then made this to see how you were catching the ball. If you added this to it you could ensure good technique when catching. Then you could add this to it and it could be a game, and if you had two people it could be a compition. I looked up at him and was really proud. The concept was pretty simple. A couple of the add ons get a bit out there but in general, we could make a prototype for about $30-45. I told him it was a really good idea. Now what was he going to do? He sat back down grabbed his notebook wrote for a min then stared to stare off again. 2-3 min later he pops up again and says, "Ok I got it. If you took a bike, and you take off this and put that on it, and turn this upside down and attach it here....

In about 15 min, he outlined 3 ideas, one not real realistic, one very feasable, and one with potential. Three different markets, and completely different.
I have notebooks with about 300+ ideas in them. Some are on the market, (Not by me) One or two are actually pretty good. But I don't think I ever came up with three that were so different so fast.
So, whatever that guys name is in Japan with the 3000+ patents, lookout. There is compitition on the horizon, and he's 12 years old.

Randy

Postby Michelle » Tue May 01, 2007 4:54 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Wow Randy...

What a great story.

This is what I was hoping the American Inventor show would do and will do.

Inspire our great nation to become even greater with young minds inspired to think creatively and to invent new ays to do everything.

I wish that with shows like American Inventor, every kid wants to be an inventor. I guess we will know soon enough if that is going to happen.

I am really happy to hear this story. With kids like him, our future looks bright.

Postby brack » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:20 pm

brack
White Belt

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

I know this topic is older, but I've been lurking through many of the old messages and I'm really glad I did. This story was inspiring and gave me a greater sense of purpose with my own son. Now he may never want to shoot creative hoops with his old man like your son, but I'm certainly going to try and be accepting and encouraging like you were. Very cool opportunity you had, hope you and your son do great things.

Randy, you should be a storyteller too. I was actually in the room with you as you told it.

Postby Michelle » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Glad you are reviving some of the older posts Brack.

I often hope people read the older stuff, especially some of the site article as there are some true gems there.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Michelle