FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

things

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:30 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Motocross is dirt bikes. I raced for Honda in my teens. Although I do love race cars too.
Come visit my sites at http://www.RogerBrown.net
or http://www.looking2license.com
I have gotten 9 products licensed spending less than $100 on each, you can too.

Postby Road Show » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:03 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Wow, Roger...competitive racing for Honda? Very impressive. Do you have any inventions in that area?

I learned how to ride on a Yamaha 75cc dirt bike. There used to be a huge dirt bike park near where I live in So. Cal. called Saddleback Park. It was near a landfill so encroaching land development was not a threat until AFTER the landfill closed. It was a real cool place to ride, and I remember this one steep slope called "The Matterhorn"....real tough run. I never tried it. I was too young, and too intimidated by it. Steve McQueen made it to the top. Remember him? 8) "King of Cool".

Getting back to what I couldn't live without, well I guess that would be my three daughters. Hate to sound corny, but my reality is that material things come and go, and the only lasting happiness comes from the memories of family and friends. Just leave my coffee grinder alone, and nobody gets hurt. :roll:

RSG

things

Postby Roger Brown » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:26 am

Roger Brown
Black Belt

Mine was a HONDA ELSINORE 250. Great bike. A lot of power.

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Hahhh...shows you what I know about cars, motorcycles, ummm engines. :oops:

Postby Road Show » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:20 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Later on in life I owned a Kawasaki 450 for driving back and forth to work. Did that for a year, but knew I was playing with a loaded revolver on these So Cal freeways...eventually your luck catches up with you.

Don't know cars, Michele?? Sorry, but we're gonna have to ask you to leave....hahahaha! No worries dear, feel free to change the subject any time!

RSG

Postby scrapbookdi » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:00 pm

scrapbookdi
Yellow Belt

Michelle,

If you are insisting on something other than cell phone, computer, etc. I would have to say

Good Chocolate
Cheap Wine
and when I went to the Chicago audition I discovered that I love the new beds at the Sheraton...I may buy one for myself!

It's a great way to get people to stay there.

Postby Michelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:04 pm

Michelle
Black Belt

Oh, I looooove the dream beds. They started out at the Westins and then the Sheraton picked it up.

It's a great marketing angle. You sleep at a hotel and what matters the most? THE BED, so make it super comfy. HMMM...

I was hoping to get a conversation going about people's favorite little gadgets and gizmos, since many of you are inventing little products, but I guess I did not present my question well nor anwer it properly myself. :oops:

Postby bottleslingguy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:37 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

RedBull... that's it. I don't need anything else.

Roger, my biggest competition in my early teens was a guy from a rival town who rode an Elsinore. Bright red, miles of rear wheel travel ('77-'78 before the monoshocks appeared). The guy took jumps I wouldn't've dreamed of doing. I had an early seventies KX 250.

I never competed but like RoadShow I did most of my riding at a landfill. My buddy's dad was in charge of the place so we were able to take the Cat and carve new jumps and berms as we felt the need. It got smelly at times but we didn't have to worry about the cops. I'd love to ride one of the new bikes these days :cry:

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:39 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Sorry, didn't mean to be a thread killer... :oops:

Postby Road Show » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

At least you seem to be remorseful! :shock:
PreviousNext