FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby Scrupulous » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:43 pm

Scrupulous
Black Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:Pat, I'd be more than happy to send you one or two, free of charge. I make them myself ( I don't sell them) and would only ask for your honest opinion. So let me know when you're ready. Hey, if you can help get them in retailers you can call them anything you want.

Hey BSG, while you're at it, maybe you could send me one, too. My sister-in-law is having a baby. I can give you her honest opinion. :)

Postby bottleslingguy » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:27 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

When's her due date? I just got an email from someone else asking for one (maybe I SHOULD start selling them? :shock: ), so I guess I'd better get the old '57 Singer warmed up!

Email an address to bottle_sling @yahoo.com and I'll get to it.

Postby mojo62 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:13 am

mojo62
Black Belt

Bottleslinguy,
Since your taking orders, my next door nieghbors on each side of me just had a baby. I'll take two. Just let me know how much + shipping and handling.....JM

Postby bottleslingguy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:10 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

You guys are pulling my leg... aren't you? :? Let me ask you this- how much WOULD you pay for one?

I make them myself on an old sewing machine so they're not a top quality product made in China ( :lol: ) with safety tags and fancy packaging, so be forewarned. They will be made to last though, just ask Wade Sun for outside input as far as their quality. I won't charge anything for shipping but I would greatly appreciate your input and maybe a photo.

Send an address to bottle_sling@yahoo.com. I'll be happy to answer any questions the proud parents may have as far as using one.

Oh, and this is kind of weird in a thread about Satan and 666. Hope it doesn't have a negative impact, maybe we can talk about it somewhere else? :wink:

Postby mojo62 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:00 am

mojo62
Black Belt

I hate it when people ask me what I would give for it!!! Tell me how much you want to get two to my door and will say"deal or no deal". How much market data do you have? Have you made several hundred and recieved
feedback? If I were in your position, I would as make and distribute many as I could and get them to new parents, get the feedback, see if there is a market. I see your product and I see possibilities. Work that Singer !!!
How about these little Asian gals that own these little dry cleaners? They would possibly sew em up for ya and still get you a decent return on investment.

Postby bottleslingguy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:26 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Sorry Mo, I was just asking that to get a broader picture of what people would pay for something like it. I've heard from $12-16. I won't charge you for my time and materials nor will I charge shipping. I simply want to give you one or two (I guess) so you will feel obligated to say nice things about it... just kidding.

I don't have a standing inventory and I don't even know if that old Singer will work when I push the lever that makes it go with my knee. As far as market data, you and few dozen others are it. People who've ask for and used them like them so far. I haven't had one unsatisfied customer. If you like the concept of holding your child without having to spend all your time holding the bottle this is the thing for you. I've gone to some of the most vicious, bottle feeding hating "lactivist" sites there are and gotten positive feedback from those who at least took the time to understand the product.

Email that address and you'll see them soon. There goes my weekend! :lol:

Postby Road Show » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:02 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

BSG, are you referring to www.bfs.org (Bottle Feeding Sucks)? Or are you referring to www.takethisbottleandstickitwherethesundontshine.info?

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:59 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Those are jokes, right? The first one is a Quaker school and the second link doesn't work. But no those are not the ones.

Postby Road Show » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:55 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

Yes...I was just joking...I thought you were too! You mean there are actually anti bottlefeeding web sites??

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:23 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Oh good! :lol:

Yes my friend there are. Even when you go there and point out the fact that some people have no choice for whatever reason they still don't like you. Some HATE the concept of even putting breastmilk in a bottle. Mostly though it's the idea of using formula and then the bottle hatred follows from that. Anything that has anything to do with a bottle is therefore taboo. And I'm not calling them Lactivists as a slur, they call themselves that and are proud of it.

Luckily though, most of the reasonable folks eventually understand the concept of my invention and realize (once they read through my website) it is not promoting bottlefeeding but actually making it better. IF you are going to use a bottle (preferably with breastmilk in it), at least you still get to hold your child with both hands similar to how a breastfeeding mom can. That benefits both the child and parent.

Sure it's not essential and I'm not saying your baby will be scarred for life if you don't feed them with a bottle sling (I was bottlefed and there's nothing wrong with me :shock: :x :cry: :D :twisted: :wink: ), but since you've decided to use a bottle why not enhance the experience by being able to hold your child more naturally?

Thanks for clearing that up. :)
PreviousNext