FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby Road Show » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:58 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

No worries. I know I can seem a little cold, so recognizing my feeble attempts at humor may, to those who don't know me, present somewhat of a challenge. :D

There is a high degree of passion in you, BSG. I am hopeful that at some point we will see other innovative ideas come from that imagination you have. I know how it is, though, to have had innumerable ideas when the "it" idea comes along. The "it" idea stirs our passion. The "it" idea opens up a new paradigm. The "it" idea is worthy of our best efforts, and therefore becomes, for many inventors, a "do or die" proposition. I wonder if it is possible to juggle several "it" ideas at the same time? Or is the only alternative to have a ton of "good-but-not-'it'" ideas to cylcle through the inventing mill in our minds? These are questions I ask myself every day. I am almost afraid to take focus off my current project for fear it will fall by the wayside. What are your thoughts, BSG?

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:16 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Hey Road,

I've learned a few emoticons can go a long way in softening or clarifying a statement. I used to hate the things but have come to see them as indispensable. :arrow: (what the Hell does that arrow mean anyway?)

I appreciate your comments about my passion, but unfortunately that word has become a thorn in my side due to its overuse on AI. Feel free to use it whenever you want, but really its become like the old saying, "...the check's in the mail..." to me. Passion schmassion, show me the money! :lol: Regardless, I'm retiring in Hawaii. The only difference will be either a million $ home in Kula, Maui or a $200K home in Puna on the Big Island.

I'm stuck on the slings because they are one of my ideas I can actually make prettymuch like what the finished product will be like. I can tweak it and manipulate it right in my basement. People can use it just like they will use it if they bought it in a store sans the official labels. My taste in colors and patterns may not be up to par with the pros and it's been called "geeky", I've said before I think it needs a woman's touch or at least a gay guy's in order to make it more appealing in a way I may not be able to come up with. That's mainly why I'm looking for an established company to take it places I am not savvy enough to. It's become sort of a challenge to myself. I know there's a market for it and it will find it's niche sooner or later.

Sure I've had other ideas and I have a design patent on a snorkel mask hybrid, but you know about those design patents.

An idea I've been batting around (and maybe it can be put into one of those environmental contests) but can't seem to get past a real sticking point is a type of thermostat that will recirculate water at the tap until it is hot and then come out of the facet. You know how when you turn on your hot water, either at a sink or a tub/shower and you have to wait until the cooled water in the pipe has passed and then a minute or two later the hot water from the tank finally comes out at around 110F? Well you waste about a gallon or so and that just goes down the drain. That's a lot of wasted water each year nationwide.

I'd like to make something that you could easily retrofit under your sink that would allow you to turn on your hot water and nothing will come out of the faucet until the water has become the right temp and not poured out down the drain. Sure there are instant hot water tanks that go under your sink but the majority of systems are in a basement or at least tens of feet away and in some cases (as in some of the buildings I work in) takes around two to three minutes to get hot enough.

The sticking point is how do I recirculate that cool water back into the plumbing? It would work with a simple spring loaded thermostat that would stay closed until the hot water was at the faucet and then it would open up and your hot water would come out. But what do I do with the unheated water while the hot water is travelling through the system? I don't want it to go down the drain and I've thought of a reservoir system, but then what do I do with that? Sure you could have a holding chamber and use it for a greywater system to fill a cistern and water a garden but that's not conventional. I want something that will put the unused cold water BACK into the line without excessive piping and impractical gadgetry. Something you could buy at Home Depot and connect it yourself with little plumbing skills.

Come up with the solution and you can have the idea. It's my gift to you for being a friend. No passion involved. :D

Postby Road Show » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

:arrow: Arrows are used to divert an observer's attention away from potentially embarrassing events, posts, etc.; for instance...

"Hey, what's that over there? :arrow: "

(*burp*)

"So, as I was saying....."

:roll:

Hey, thanks for the green light on the plumbing thing, but I'll have to pass. I can't imagine an easy retrofit solution, and that is where the market would be. Some things are best left alone, but I know you mean well, and aren't just trying to distract me from my own project :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: ! LOL! :wink: :wink:

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:04 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Road,

I'm going to use them all the time now :lol: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Is there an emoticon dictionary somewhere? :wink:

You're right, the retrofit aspect is the key to that idea.

Hey Michelle, we're only five registers away from 777 as I write this. Maybe if you'd been working a little harder two weeks ago we'd've been at this point on 7.07.07 and the stars would've aligned and we'd all be rich by now! :D :D :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

Postby Michelle » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:34 am

Michelle
Black Belt

Yeah..I am crying at the lost opportunity. :oops: :(

But I am happy to be close to 777 anyway, towards our goal for the first 1000. :)

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:51 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Well, it's came and went by already. You snooze you lose 8) . Shape up young lady or off with your head!

I'm going to try to write what I just wrote using only emoticons:

:D :shock: :cry: :?: 8) :twisted: :!:
Previous