FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, Roger Brown, citizen

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:23 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Tell me I killed the horoscope thread and I'll just leave. :cry:

Postby Road Show » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:52 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

BSG,

I went back and read your Zodiac post...man, you're freakin' me out! I like your idea about designating astrological signs by using POC (point of conception) rather than OOM (out of mom); however, this led to the realization that some kids will be permanently scarred to find out that they could have been conceived on one of three possible days (or nights) or possibly three different times on the same day....yuck, too much information in my opinion. Pretty funny thoughts though, don't ya think?

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:24 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Really, what if you found out you were conceived at 10 am on a Wednesday when the folks were supposed to be at work? Or 2 am on a Saturday night six months before your parents' wedding anniversary?

Maybe the OOM thing is the most relevant circumstance once you are affected by external factors?

Levi said:"I don't think that it is necessarily patentable, yet I could see it on the shelves in stores allover the world. Just because it may be simple or something that someone could make their own version at home doesn't mean it isn't salable."

I'll start off saying it actually is patented. Utility #5,873,551 the patent covers several different embodiments all on the same theme that has it hanging around the parent's neck and able to suspend the bottle in a "nipple-up" position. I think that feature is very important in this arena of bottle holders. It is not a prop, neither is it designed to be suspended from anything other than a live person. The child doesn't wear it unlike a bib which is attached directly around the child's neck and the child is not left alone with it. I think it is possible to get it endorsed by a doctor or group. (I'll have to check into that)

There is one other out there now called Judy's Bottle Holder which hangs around the parent's neck and is a flexible plastic hook covered with fabric. It clips the bottle into a clamp at the end or wraps it with a hook and loop strap. I'm sure there are folks out there who would prefer that one over mine and that's fine, the niche is there. Imagine seeing What's his name holding Anna Nicole Smith's baby and feeding her with one of my designs? They'd go off the charts. It's that hesitation with a new product of, "Is it cool?" that holds ideas back. I'm not saying this will change the world, but just imagine knowing even though your Mom bottlefed you, at least she used something that allowed her to hold you with both arms while you nursed. Dad and grandparents and daycare providers can use them too. It's a quality of life product and you either want one or you don't, but the market is not going away anytime soon, I hope.

So, it's patented and covers a broad scope in the field. It manifests an innate need to hold your newborn with both arms while you feed them(mom's are not exclusive in this area). So there is a need or a want. It can be made domestically for under $3.50 and less for higher volumes. It can sell for around $12-14 retail (Walmart $11.89). What's not marketable about that?

During my audition in LA for AI1 Mary-Lou said prettymuch what you did about making one yourself at home. She said she could put the bottle in a sock and hang it around her neck. I should have said (I know I know don't say it, shoulda woulda...) "go ahead and I'll call child protective services on you." or, and this one is my favorite, "I could wipe my arse with a handful of leaves too, but instead I buy toilet paper." :lol:

That whole issue goes right to the point I make about the slings being safe. Some people would look at a sling and say well a baby could get one wrapped around it's neck. Well so it could too with a bottle in a sock or wearing a bib or a diaper bag placed next to the child or a baby sling left on a bed. Kids can be hurt by everything around them all their lives, it's up to the parent to protect them and I can't imagine most people out there would say my slings are more dangerous than a bottle in a sock.

Beside, why go through the trouble of making one of my exact slings? You still have to buy the materials and use the needle and thread. It took me a while to really get it down, so by the time you learn your kid will be too old for a bottle. Just go to the store and buy one, what's the big deal?

I'm extremely flattered with the shout out, Levi (not to mention Scroop's words). It's a great feeling to know people are thinking about my invention and that just goes to show how some things are more important than money.
Last edited by bottleslingguy on Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Road Show » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

My brother believes he was conceived in the back seat of a '54 Chevy sedan in Estes Park, Colorado. He is a nudist. What does this mean?

RSG

Postby bottleslingguy » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:37 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Is he a Cancer?

Let the flogging begin... :P

Postby Road Show » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:06 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

No, not a Cancer...however, I consider him a "luna"tic...does that count?

Postby bottleslingguy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:11 am

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

Maybe his Moon is in Uranus? (sorry couldn't pass it up)

Postby Road Show » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:00 am

Road Show
Brown Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:Maybe his Moon is in Uranus? (sorry couldn't pass it up)

It would surprise me more if you did pass it up, BSG! :wink:

Postby Work2XL » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:23 pm

Work2XL
Blue Belt

FYI, Mercury is in retrograde so tempers will fly. Careful what you say. This has been a public service announcement brought to you by me. (Don't ask me how I know that)

Randy

Postby Road Show » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:42 pm

Road Show
Brown Belt

bottleslingguy wrote:Really, what if you found out you were conceived at 10 am on a Wednesday when the folks were supposed to be at work? Or 2 am on a Saturday night six months before your parents' wedding anniversary?

I believe, and this is just MY theory, that ALL people, with the exception of those whose parents NEVER married, were conceived before their parent's wedding anniversary; some of whom were conceived before their parent's wedding. :roll:

(Just keeping it real, BSG)

RSG
PreviousNext