FAQ  •   Login  •   Register  •   Subscribe 

Welcome to the Forum for InventorSpot.com, the most popular invention related website in the world. Read our welcome message.

Skip to content

Moderators: Michelle, Scrupulous, citizen

Anyone want to meet Jan. 12th in Atlanta?

Postby Contextion » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Ive decided to show the invention I took to American Inventor last year and since I waited to the last minute to get my provisional patent it is still good. Everyday Edisons website states they are looking for ordinary people so thats how I am going to try to appear. If I would have known American Inventor was only looking for crazy people I could have played the part but I thought being professional wouldve been better. I need to work on some jokes to go along with my product - just as long as they dont make me look crazy!

Postby makeworldbetter » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:57 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

What is it?

I plan to go to San Francisco, only 45miles drive

Postby mojo62 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:16 pm

mojo62
Black Belt

Wouldn't it be time to hear from the great "American Inventor" show again soon. You really have to wonder if we will after a second year flop.

Hey good luck in Atlanta Contextion!

Dallas in March! 8) :idea: :wink:

Postby citizen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:20 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I'm planning on driving 7 or so hours to Boston.

I'm just worried that the two minutes won't give me enough time to explain and show my invention.

Postby bottleslingguy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 pm

bottleslingguy
Black Belt

You can pm me if you're looking for help paring down your two minute pitch. I have no intentions of auditioning for another contest. I promise I won't tell anybody about it.

Postby citizen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:27 am

citizen
Brown Belt

BSG...yeah, I'll definatly do that.

Postby makeworldbetter » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

Anyone been there want to share his experience?

Postby Contextion » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Contextion
Blue Belt

Well I got sick on the way up to Atlanta because my car heater broke but I still went because I thought EE wouldnt discriminate because how a person appeared. The whole trip was a major waste of money. My invention is just as simple to produce as the rest of theirs while also being the most environmentally friendliest, cheapest to use, fastest to use and safest. None of their inventions meet all 4 categories and very few even meet 2. My invention can also be used by everyone while most of theirs are just for mothers and babies. This show is a scam just like American Inventor. All they want to see is new inventions at the cost of the inventor so they can try to steal the idea.

Postby makeworldbetter » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:42 pm

makeworldbetter
Black Belt

seems a little bit subjective to me.

I agree that at certain level, this is a still TV show. Like every media, it's understandable that they want some stunning effect out of an invention. I am sure your invention is a good one, yet maybe that's what missing in your invention.
Do you care to reveal what's yours, so we can be the judges.

Postby citizen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:45 pm

citizen
Brown Belt

I agree.

Most inventor's inventions are like their baby, if someone says your baby is not as cute, not as smart, etc, as you think it is, you get offended. I'm not saying your invention isn't good, but EE is a TV show first. They need to find a product/invention, inventor, and story that fits what they are looking for.

Jason